Nursing employment options
Northern Arizona University and the School of Nursing are dedicated to helping students in their studies and in their careers. Below is a list of available nursing job opportunities for nursing students and Registered Nurses.
Job search tools
A multi-level security prison is currently seeking Registered Nurses who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting.
- 12-hour shifts
- Two locations. One is easily commutable from the southeastern part of the Phoenix metroplex. The second is 45 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson.
- Newly licensed nurses encouraged to apply.
- New grads can expect mid $30s/per hour. Salary will be augmented by shift differential and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training.
Correctional nursing is not for everyone, but many nurses find it a fulfilling and rewarding career. I hope you consider entering the specialty.
Please email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or call for more information and immediate consideration.
Medical Staffing Association
Opportunity to join established physician-owned Primary Care Practice in Las Vegas. The group is recruiting a Nurse Practitioner. This is a growing and highly respected practice offering the opportunity to have a great deal of autonomy. This is a 100% outpatient, Monday–Friday opportunity. The group is open for a new graduate.
The group manage acute and chronic medical conditions like hypertension; diabetes; hyperlipidemia; asthma; and neurologic, thyroid, pulmonary, cardiac, gastrointestinal, and kidney diseases. They also offer health maintenance, cancer screening, annual physical examinations, pre-operative evaluations and vaccinations.
Their doctors are board certified and have worked with several top-notch specialists in the valley. They offer a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Living in Las Vegas
- World-class destination offering exceptional performing arts venues ranging from extravagant world-class performance halls to intimate community cultural arts centers.
- Exceptional educational options ranging from high-tech public magnet schools, private secondary schools, and the University of Nevada offering of two doctoral-granting research universities.
- McCarran International Airport is currently the fifth busiest airport in the country, offering flights to cities around the globe.
- Housing options include family neighborhoods, high-rise condos, and custom-built homes in golf communities.
Clinipost: Medical Healthcare Search Firm
If you are open to relocating for your career, then consider these full-time permanent-hire jobs with hospital benefits. Training and professional development are provided by the hospital. We are seeking:
Hiring RN for hospital neuro unit. New graduates are welcome! Hospital providing organized mentorship.
Day Shift, 3–12s per week, 6 a.m.–6 p.m.
Night Shift, 3–12s per week, 6 p.m.–6 a.m.
Patient stays average 10 days at a time.
Patient cases include stroke, amputation, burns, Parkinson’s disease, neurological and muscular balance disorders, major trauma, orthopedic, spinal cord, wound, cardiovascular.
- $29–41/hour (base $61k–86k) with full benefits and paid time off
- $2.50/hour night shift diff, and $4.00/hour weekend shift diff
- Non-exempt; paid at time and ½ for all overtime hours
- PLUS relocation package
- Tuition loan reimbursement
- Open ladder for career advancement!
- Continuing education
- Cover costs of continuing education
- Employer pays for board certifications with full coverage of the costs for the exam including study materials and maintenance of certification; board certification is rewarded with salary increase plus bonus
- Formal mentorship provided/collaborative interdisciplinary teams
- 6–10 RNs on the night shift/teams of 10–15 RNs on days
- Reports to: RN Shift Team Supervisor
- Mountainous landscape, bike friendly with bike lanes and mountain biking, and trails for horseback riding, running, or hiking
- New shopping malls, vintage shops, taverns, restaurants, and plenty of things to do
- Affordable place to live with a great job market
Please send a résumé for details.
Rehabilitation Hospital of Northern Arizona
If you’re looking for a work environment that encourages growth, respect, and teamwork, then we hope you will consider a career at Rehabilitation Hospital of Northern Arizona. Our hospital has a variety of career opportunities. As our guiding principles state, we promote a healing and nurturing environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are, first and foremost, passionate patient caregivers and team members, connected at our core by the treatment needs of our patients.
Flagstaff Bone and Joint
Seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to meet a community need for orthopedic care in Kingman, AZ. This role will be to provide office orthopedic treatment for fracture and soft tissue injuries (30%), osteoarthritis (35%), acute spine injuries (15%), and other general orthopedic concerns (20%). Applicants will work alongside an experienced orthopedic NP at our Kingman office. Applicants should have excellent diagnostic and interpersonal skills and a commitment to team building. Applicants must have a desire to live in a rural community and enjoy a small-town lifestyle. For more information, please contact:
Prolink Healthcare is currently interviewing qualified Registered Nurse (RN) candidates for an outpatient clinic in Sedona, AZ. To be considered for this position, the Registered Nurse must have 2 or more years as a registered nurse in a medical/surgical or emergency room setting. A position is also open for NEW GRADS with little to no experience but with a passion for oncology. For more information, please email email@example.com.
This 12-month nurse residency program focuses on the transition to practice by providing monthly seminars to support new graduate nurses. This program is implemented in conjunction with Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program to support (and not replace) ongoing orientation and unit-based education. The curriculum focuses on 3 main areas:
- Quality outcomes: understand safety and quality initiatives to improve patient experience and positively impact nurse-sensitive indicators.
- Leadership: learn and practice strategies to communicate and work within an inter professional team.
- Professional role: develop an evidence-based practice project, explore ethical decision making, and create a professional development plan.
Residents will also have access to a network of other residents participating in this program across the country.
The Guidance Center
The Guidance Center (TGC) is a community mental health center that offers a full range of behavioral health programs and services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. Services are tailored to meet individual and family needs. The Guidance Center is now hiring nursing students for Behavioral Health Specialist positions, both full- and part-time (12-hour shifts). Behavioral Health Specialists are “nurse extenders” that work under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse taking vital signs, monitoring patients for safety, and maintaining a therapeutic milieu. Behavioral Health Specialists may also conduct group and psychoeducational training. NOTE: Applicants must be 21 years of age. The Guidance Center is also preparing a new graduate program for spring 2018 and now has open RN positions, both full- and part-time.
Hiring an RN for the Crisis Stabilization Unit. The role of the Crisis Stabilization Unit nurse is to assess the individual and ascertain whether the person needs to be medically cleared before being seen by the crisis worker. Once medically clear the nurse’s role is to then confer with the crisis worker and/or provider to determine if the individual should be admitted onto the PAC-U, CSU, or be safety planned home. The nurse is also responsible for accepting and/or transferring individuals to other units on The Guidance Center Flagstaff campus.
Northern Arizona Healthcare
There are 40 RN positions are currently available at Northern Arizona Healthcare, servicing more than 50,000 square miles. Locations include Flagstaff Medical Center, Verde Valley Medical Center, as well as primary care and specialty physicians clinics, outpatient surgical centers, the Heart and Vascular Center of Northern Arizona, Cancer Centers of Northern Arizona, and many more.
Kingman Regional Medical Center
As the largest healthcare provider in northwest Arizona, KRMC offers a full range of services to meet the health and wellness needs of our vibrant growing community. From sophisticated medical imaging and diagnostic capabilities to advanced treatments in cardiac care, wound care, and cancer, to progressive rehabilitation and pain management therapies, we are unique among medical centers in similar-size communities. For more information please visit Kingman Regional Medical Center.
Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs
The nurse residency program at Memorial Hospital is designed to help facilitate your transition into your first role as a professional nurse. As a new RN in our nurse residency program, you will participate in a year-long program that is designed to provide necessary support while you continue to gain knowledge and leadership skills. This program has proven to provide a strong foundation for your nursing career. Many of our graduates are now preceptors, charge nurses, team leads, and clinical managers. Please visit their website if you are interested.
Versant RN Residency
Desert Regional Medical Center (DRMC) has partnered with Versant RN Residency to offer a one-year nursing residency program to DRMC new graduate registered nurses. Versant® (pronounced VER-sent) is an evidence-based, comprehensive educational and training residency designed to transition newly graduated nurses from student to safe, confident, and competent professional practitioners. Please visit Versant for more information.
University of Utah Health Care
The Critical Care Internship Program is a 22-week supervised program with start dates in January, March, July, and September. The program is tailored to experienced nurses without ICU experience and new graduates. The program provides didactic and clinically supervised experiences, which will transition the nurse intern into the role of an adult critical care practitioner.
Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is proud to offer a Nurse Residency Program to help you navigate your role as a graduate nurse. We are committed to helping you stay on course to deliver safe, effective, quality patient care as you onboard into the clinical setting as a healthcare professional.
Sonoran Crossing Medical Center
Sonoran Crossing Medical Center opened fall of 2020 in north Phoenix. RNs, laboratory, respiratory, food and environmental services, patient care technicians, clerical, and many other professional positions are available and currently accepting applications.