Contact the School of Nursing
Need financial aid?Find out about loans, grants and scholarships available to nursing students on our financial aid page.
Concurrent Enrollment Program
NAU School of Nursing CEP
With NAU’s Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) you can simultaneously earn your Associates degree in Nursing and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). NAU partners with colleges across Arizona to offer CEP associate/baccalaureate degrees.
What is the CEP?
The NAU CEP is a true concurrent program. You finish your community college nursing coursework and NAU courses concurrently, so you can apply for RN employment as a BSN graduate! Benefit from hands-on summer “jump start” with our experienced full-time faculty. Meet your community of learners and make the university connection. Enjoy the financial benefit of this 90/30 program! 90 credits are completed through the community college and just 30 credits are completed through NAU.
As a CEP student, you follow the traditional course of study for an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in nursing at an Arizona Community College; at the same time, you’ll be enrolled in required NAU BSN courses, offered online and in hybrid format, with hybrid courses held at partner locations around the state. You’ll graduate with both your AAS and BSN degrees at the same time. This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Eligibility requirements & applying
Eligibility requirements Accordion Closed
- Be accepted into the nursing program at your community college.
- Complete all community college and NAU nursing prerequisite requirements.
- Maintain an average GPA of 3.0 in certain courses.
- Register for and attend a CEP information session.
Application process Accordion Closed
- Prospective students are encouraged to reach out to NAU Nursing to learn about scholarship options and how to be the best candidate for CEP, the actual application is done with your community college
- It is important to attend the Nursing information session at your community college first, the steps to apply will be reviewed and you can get answers to many questions along with your peers
- Once accepted into the Nursing program, you will need to monitor your email for the notice of acceptance with the final steps to the process
- If you are a current nursing student, you will need to apply for the Mid track or RN-BSN program. CEP is only for students that have not started the nursing blocks.
Find your program:
- Maricopa Community Colleges (Glendale, Phoenix, Estrella Mountain, Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler-Gilbert, & Gateway)
- Arizona Western College– Yuma
- Central Arizona College– Casa Grande
- Coconino Community College– Flagstaff
- Mohave Community College
- Northland Pioneer Community College – Throughout Navajo & Apache Counties in Northeastern Arizona
- Pima Community College– Tucson
- Yavapai College– Prescott