Ready to apply?
Review eligibility requirements and get application instructions for admission to the CEP program.
Need financial aid?
Find out about loans, grants and scholarships available to nursing students on our financial aid page.
Tuition & costs
Get information about NAU tuition and nursing program costs.
Concurrent Enrollment Program
NAU School of Nursing CEP
With NAU’s Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) you can simultaneously earn your Associates degree in Nursing and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). NAU partners with colleges across Arizona to offer CEP associate/baccalaureate degrees.
What is the CEP?
The NAU CEP is a true concurrent program. You finish your community college nursing coursework and NAU courses concurrently, so you can apply for RN employment as a BSN graduate! Benefit from hands-on summer “jump start” with our experienced full-time faculty. Meet your community of learners and make the university connection. Enjoy the financial benefit of this 90/30 program! 90 credits are completed through the community college and just 30 credits are completed through NAU.
As a CEP student, you follow the traditional course of study for an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in nursing at an Arizona Community College; at the same time, you’ll be enrolled in required NAU BSN courses, offered online and in hybrid format, with hybrid courses held at partner locations around the state. You’ll graduate with both your AAS and BSN degrees at the same time. This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Eligibility requirements & applying
Eligibility requirements Accordion Closed
- Be accepted into the nursing program at your community college.
- Complete all community college and NAU nursing prerequisite requirements.
- Maintain an average GPA of 3.0 in certain courses.
- Register for and attend a CEP information session.
- Register for and attend a CEP application session.
- Submit your application with copies of your completed checklist and HESL (at the application session).
- Submit Admission Assessment (A2) scores, and unofficial transcripts.
- Meet all health and safety requirements (after acceptance).
Application process Accordion Closed
- Only the applicants accepted to a participating Arizona community college’s Nursing program will be evaluated by NAU’s Advising team for further acceptance into the CEP.
- To ensure prerequisites are meeting program requirements, students are encouraged to meet with their community college/NAU nursing advisors.
- Students must attend a CEP Information Session prior to applying to the program at their participating community college/NAU.
- Final determinations of transfer credits will be made by NAU admissions and participating community college committee members.
- Application and acceptance to Northern Arizona University (NAU) School of Nursing is completed after eligibility into the CEP is determined.
- If you are currently enrolled and taking courses at your local community college in a nursing cohort, you are not eligible to transfer into the CEP Program. Please explore our RN-BSN degree options instead.
Find your program:
- Maricopa Community Colleges (Glendale, Phoenix, Estrella Mountain, Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler-Gilbert, & Gateway)
- Arizona Western College– Yuma
- Central Arizona College– Casa Grande
- Coconino Community College– Flagstaff
- Mohave Community College
- Northland Pioneer Community College – Throughout Navajo & Apache Counties in Northeastern Arizona
- Pima Community College– Tucson
- Yavapai College– Prescott