Clinical Nurse Specialist – Prescribing (CNS – P)
Earn prescriptive authority through NAU’s online CNS – P certification
If you’re interested in obtaining prescriptive authority in Arizona, NAU’s Clinical Nurse Specialist – Prescribing certification can help you achieve your career aspirations. This fully online CNS certificate program satisfies the Arizona State Board of Nursing’s requirement for the completion of three advanced practice courses (prerequisites for prescribing authority):
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Health Assessment
Our non-degree program is ideal for working professionals. The online format has no due dates—you’ll work at your own pace—and our highly engaged, expert faculty will interact with you one-on-one to ensure you get the most out of your courses.
The NAU School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and accepts applications on a rolling basis.
CNS – P program requirements
To be admitted to the program and ultimately obtain prescription rights, you’ll need:
- CNS certification accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification, or an equivalent organization as determined by the Board
- a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited institution
- an RN/APRN license in good standing
- an intent to apply (or already submitted application) for APRN prescribing authority in Arizona
Email us for more information.