The NAU CEP is a true concurrent program. You finish your community college nursing coursework and NAU courses concurrently, so you can apply for RN employment as a BSN graduate! Benefit from hands-on summer “jump start” with our experienced full-time faculty. Meet your community of learners and make the university connection. Enjoy the financial benefit of this 90/30 program! 90 credits are completed through the community college and just 30 credits are completed through NAU.
What are the eligibility requirements for the CEP Nursing program? Accordion Closed
Get full admission details from your local community college nursing program.
You may be required to:
- Be accepted into the nursing program at your community college.
- Complete all community college and NAU nursing prerequisite requirements.
- Maintain an average GPA of 3.0 in certain courses.
- Register for, and attend, a CEP information session.
- Register for, and attend, a CEP application session.
- Submit your application with copies of your completed checklist and HESL (at the application session).
- Submit Admission Assessment (A2) scores, and unofficial transcripts.
- Meet all health and safety requirements (after acceptance)
Key Information Accordion Closed
- Only the applicants accepted to a participating Arizona community college’s Nursing program will be evaluated by NAU’s Advising team for further acceptance into the CEP.
- To ensure prerequisites are meeting program requirements, students are encouraged to meet with their community college/NAU nursing advisors.
- Students must attend a CEP Information Session prior to applying to the program at their participating community college/NAU.
- Final determinations of transfer credits will be made by NAU admissions and participating community college committee members.
- Application and acceptance to Northern Arizona University (NAU) School of Nursing is completed after eligibility into the CEP is determined.
- If you are currently enrolled and taking courses at your local community college in a nursing cohort, you are not eligible to transfer into the CEP Program. Please explore our RN-BSN degree options instead.
How do I apply for the CEP Nursing program?
You must apply through your local community college and its nursing program. Participating schools include Maricopa County
Community Colleges and Pima County Community Colleges.
The Colleges that we are partnered with for the CEP Program are:
- Maricopa Community Colleges (Glendale, Phoenix, Estrella Mountain, Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler-Gilbert, & Gateway)
- Arizona Western College– Yuma
- Central Arizona College– Casa Grande
- Coconino Community College– Flagstaff
- Pima Community College– Tucson
- Yavapai College– Prescott
This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.