CASPer Exam & Snapshot
NAU School of Nursing
***The Accelerated BSN program will be using CASPer and Snapshot for the summer 2023 application cycle.
As of November 2022, the School of Nursing has decided to discontinue the use of CASPer and Snapshot for the traditional BSN program.
Applicants for the traditional BSN program will no longer complete CASPer and Snapshot.
The NAU School of Nursing uses the Altus Assessments as part of the application process. All students will be required to complete the CASPer exam and Snapshot by exam deadline.
Please note that exam times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST) or Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Sign into exam 10 minutes prior to start time. The exam will lock as soon as the start time begins. There will be no exceptions if the CASPer exam is missed due to time error.
Please see the CASPer Information sheet for detailed information
Details & Contacts
Testing and Application Periods Accordion Closed
Program Location: Flagstaff
Accelerated BSN Summer admission: November 1 – priority deadline of January 10 with rolling admissions until March 1, 2023.
Accelerated BSN Summer Kaplan: November 1 – priority deadline of January 15. Applicants can take the Kaplan exam until March 14, 2023.
Accelerated BSN CASPer: (once per month, 2x per admission cycle) see CASPer website. The last date to complete the CASPer and complete Snapshot is March 14, 2023.
Contact Student Services by location Accordion Closed
Process of Scheduling Accordion Closed
Please see detailed CASPer information sheet. Applicants can take the exam only once per academic testing cycle (August to March), but need to be completed by your program of interest’s CASPer deadline.
- Submit the School of Nursing Application
- Schedule and register for the Kaplan Exam
- Go to CASPer website to review available dates of exam
- Schedule and pay for exam.
- Exam can be completed on a personal computer with camera activated.
- On day of exam, sign in 10 minutes prior to exam. The exam will be lock as soon as the time starts.
- Exam times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST) and Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). It will be the students’ responsibility to ensure they have the right exam time.
- Snapshot can be completed before the exam date and have up until 10 days after the exam to submit the required 5 minute video.