School of Nursing Undergraduate Admissions
Have you completed the pre-professional and liberal studies requirements? If you have, then you are eligible to apply for our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
Admissions to the NAU School of Nursing Traditional and Accelerated Programs requires the KAPLAN admissions exam and pre-requisite courses.
Admission Requirements for the Traditional BSN Program
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in prerequisite courses. Please note, the minimum GPA of 3.0 does not guarantee admission to the program. Most successful applicants have a GPA well above 3.0.
- Proctored KAPLAN Admissions Exam results with a minimum overall score of 70 and 65 on Science. Please note, the minimum scores of 70 Overall and 65 Science does not guarantee admission to the program. The exam results will be used as part of the process of screening and ranking applicants. (Results will be downloaded by the School of Nursing.)
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with an average GPA of 3.0 or better. All prerequisite courses must be completed by the beginning of the program.
- Fall admission: courses to be completed by end of summer session
- Spring admission: courses to be completed by end of fall session
Step 1: Apply to Northern Arizona University Accordion Closed
Step 2: Apply to the School of Nursing Accordion Closed
All future program applications will be online only and posted when available.
Spring (January) Application Application Deadline: Sept. 10th Kaplan Deadline: Sept. 15th
Opening: February 1st, 2020
Fall (August) Application Application Deadline: March 10th Kaplan Deadline: March 15th
Summer (May) Application
Open: November 15th
Application Deadline: Jan. 10th
Kaplan Deadline: Jan. 15th
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in prerequisite courses.
- You must have successfully completed all prerequisite courses with a “C” or higher, or have the courses in progress in the semester you are applying.
- Complete and submit the online application – Application Instructions
*Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission.
Please note: there is now a separate application for the American Indian Program.