Intellectual Property Committee
The NAU Intellectual Property (IP) Committee is appointed in accordance with Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) Policy 6-908, Intellectual Property. At NAU, the IP Committee:
- Reviews proposed changes to ABOR IP Policy and makes recommendations associated with such proposed changes to the President through the campus IP Official.
- Reviews proposed changes to NAU IP Policy and makes recommendations associated with such proposed changes to the Vice President for Research through the campus IP Official.
- Receives and hears disputes brought by employees and others (who have standing to bring such disputes before the Committee); deliberates; and makes recommendations regarding such disputes to the President or his/her designee.
- Makes recommendations to the campus Conflict of Interest Committee regarding the management of conflict of interest associated with intellectual property and technology transfer activities.
IP Committee Members
- Cindy Browder, PhD, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Emily Cope, PhD, Biological Sciences
- Constantin Ciocanel, PhD, Mechanical Engineering
- Kyle Winfree, PhD, School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems
- David Schultz, PhD, Vice President for Research