The Wind Symphony is Northern Arizona University’s premiere wind ensemble. It is recognized nationally for high performance standards of outstanding musical literature.
The ensemble’s selects a diverse and contemporary repertoire to challenge students and bring out their highest level of performance. This ensemble has commissioned and premiered many pieces by composers of international fame.
The Wind Symphony has:
- performed at the national and regional conferences of the College Band Directors National Association
- performed at the Arizona Music Educators Conference
- frequently recorded CDs for Carl Fischer Music of New York and Daehn Publications
toured Europe in May 2007
Membership in the Wind Symphony requires a concert ensemble audition, which takes place before the beginning of each semester. These will be blind auditions (behind a screen).
If you are accepted you will need to enroll in one of the following:
- Freshman: MUP 170, Section 04
- Sophomore: MUP 270, Section 04
- Junior: MUP 370, Section 04
- Senior: MUP 470, Section 04
- Graduate: MUP 670, Section 04
The Wind Symphony meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:45 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. in room 146 of the Performing and Fine Arts building (number 37a).
The Wind Symphony also presents several concerts each season.