Questions?Check our FAQ for answers.Email us at email@example.com call 928-523-3731
Social MediaFollow and like us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Lumberjack Marching Band
For over ninety years, the Lumberjack Marching Band has represented the pride, spirit, and traditions of Northern Arizona University. As musical ambassadors for NAU, we serve our students, alumni, and community through exciting and dynamic performances.
Joining the band
Membership is open to all Northern Arizona University students regardless of major. No audition is required to join, with the exception of our baton twirlers. These individuals must schedule an audition before joining the band.
Top 5 reasons to join the LMB:
- Community – Form friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Leadership – Gain valuable leadership experience.
- Pride – We are proud to be NAU Lumberjacks.
- Spirit-We bring excitement to every game and performance.
- Credit – Earn academic credit for doing what you love.
It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
1. New and returning student registration
– login to your NAU Gmail account to be granted access this form.
2. Enroll in the course:
The Lumberjack Marching Band is a one-credit course offered in the fall semester and rehearses Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Drumline, color guard, and twirler section members begin rehearsals at 3:00 p.m. All members are required to enroll in the following section(s). You may enroll with your advisor or online through LOUIE.
- Freshmen: MUP 170 section 0601
- Sophomores: MUP 270 section 0601
- Juniors: MUP 370 section 0601
- Seniors: MUP 470 section 0601
- Graduate Students: MUP 670 section 0601
- Drumline members: both sections 0601 and 0602 of MUP x70 (MWF 3:00–3:50)
- Color guard members and baton twirlers: both sections 0601 and 0603. (MWF 3:00–3:50)
3. Attend band camp
Band Camp is required for all members and takes place in August the week before classes begin. Band Camp is where we form our team, teach our marching style, and learn our pre-game and halftime shows. Current move-in dates are included in the FAQ, and students are allowed to move into residence halls early. A detailed camp schedule and list of suggested items to bring will be emailed to all registered members in August.
Not ready to join today? Request more info by subscribing to our email list for future members:
– subscribe to our email list if you would like more information about how to join, but are not yet decided or admitted to NAU.
Sections of the marching band
There is a place for you in the Lumberjack Marching Band! The band is made up of the following sections:
- alto saxophone
- tenor saxophone
- drum line
- color guard
Watch Video: Lumberjack Marching Band entrance onto field
Rehearsals are held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 4:00pm to 6:00pm inside the J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome or outdoors in Flagstaff’s beautiful fall weather.
Drum Line, Color Guard, and Twirlers begin rehearsal at 3:00pm. and enroll in an additional section of the course.
We perform at all home games, pep rallies, select volleyball games, and occasionally travel to away games. We also host and perform at the annual NAU Band Day event.
Dr. William Kinne directs the Lumberjack Marching Band, Jacks Pep Band, and Symphonic Band.