Engineering Design Laboratory
An NAU Mechanical Engineering lab
The Engineering Design Laboratory is an exclusively instructional facility designed specifically to meet the needs of our Design 4 Practice program.
It is primarily used for EGR 286 – Engineering Design: The Process, but is also for other courses in the Design 4 Practice sequence. The modular design of the space allows for both formal instruction as well as for design group work, making it a versatile and functional facility.
Facility location: Engineering Building (69) rooms 118 & 119
Because of the mixed-use space, it is contains:
- Two conjoined rooms separated by roll-up doors that allow for large or rolling projects to be freely moved
- A roll-up door to the outside of the building for large items to be moved easily in an out of the lab
- A front room that is multimedia-equipped for lectures
- Wireless internet
- Lockers dedicated for EGR 286 students
- Preconfigured Legos® Mindstorms kits for a robotics-styled team design class