Education Accordion Closed
- PhD in Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability, Northern Arizona University Spring
- Master of Science in Engineering, Northern Arizona University, August 2012.
- Home Department: Mechanical Engineering
- Emphasis in Sustainable Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ohio University, March 2005
- Russ College of Engineering and Technology
About Accordion Closed
David Willy is a Senior Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering (starting AY19-20) at Northern Arizona University (NAU), where he has been since 2012. He is currently teaching various courses in thermal fluids, renewable energy, and design. David is also currently pursuing a doctoral degree in Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability with an emphasis in Engineering Sustainable Systems at Northern Arizona University.
Prior to his current work, David performed wind and solar variability and grid integration research for the Institute for Sustainable Energy Solutions (ISES) at NAU both as a graduate student and as a part time faculty member. He has professional experience in renewable energy, manufacturing, design, and contract engineering.