Statement on diversity
The Landscape Conservation Initiative is an inclusive organization that uses rigorous science, innovation, and collaboration to safeguard biodiversity while promoting environmental justice and sustainability.
We strive to embody the following principles in all phases of our work
- Seek out, respect, and elevate diverse values, views, and perspectives.
- Establish and work toward common goals with the full participation of partners from all backgrounds.
- Value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritages, knowledge, and experiences throughout programs.
- Recognize that rigorous science is owned by all and to ensure the products and outcomes of our labor are available and easily accessible through inclusive and culturally relevant communication.
- Commit to diversity, equity, and inclusion at all organizational levels and in all recruitment, hiring, staffing, and decision-making processes.
- Acknowledge that efforts to build cultural competency requires continued vigilance as we embrace change and create an enriched work experience.
Our organization values
- Full participation of people from all racial, ethnic, social, political, economic, and educational backgrounds as we work toward common goals
- The equitable inclusion of diverse values, wisdom, views, and perspectives in all facets of our work from planning to product
- Transparency in the scientific process and accessibility to sound science to guide decision-making processes