Jobs for Students at the STC
The STC is hiring student techs for immediate start in all areas!
The Student Technology Center assists students, faculty, and staff with a variety of technology issues, including Blackboard Learn, troubleshooting wireless and wired internet connections on ResNet, G Suite for Education, and PeopleSoft/ LOUIE over the phone, in-person, through email, and using remote assistance tools. Support is provided 24x7 during the fall and spring semesters. Applicants will be expected to arrive on campus and work the week before classes start, and work through finals week. Student Techs will be expected to attend periodic training sessions.
This is a customer service position—your interpersonal skills will weigh as heavily as your technical ability in our consideration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning and using new technology
- Experience in customer service with a professional and courteous demeanor
- Attention to details, especially related to support processes and procedures
- Ability to quickly absorb knowledge about a wide variety of technical topics
Starting Wage: $9.25/hour
- Experience providing technical support over the phone or in person
- Knowledge of modern Windows and Mac operating systems
- Familiarity with mobile devices
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit our page on Handshake by clicking here.
Have questions about this position? Email STCJobs@nau.edu.
The Student Technology Center (STC) provides 24/7 technical phone support as well as in-person support. Call 928-523-9294 for assistance or statewide toll-free at 888-520-7215.