ResNet: Getting Started
Gaming and Media Devices should begin working immediately after connecting to ResNet-Alt or a wired connection. If your device is not working, contact the STC to enroll the device.
- Connect your device to the correct network:
- ResNet: PC, Mac, iOS, & Android devices
(log in with your NAU username and password, and accept the certificate when prompted)
- ResNet-Alt: media, gaming devices
- Ethernet (wired) connection: recommended for stationary devices located near a port)
- Log in with a browser:
For Windows, Mac, and Linux devices, open a web browser and log in when prompted with your NAU credentials.
Need an Ethernet cable? The STC provides one 14-foot cable for each student living in the residence halls. Visit our office in the duBois Center basement to receive a cable.
What kind of computer do I need?
ResNet supports the following operating systems:
The following operating systems are not supported and you may be unable to access ResNet without upgrading:
- Windows 7 SP1+
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Mac OSX 10.10+
- Windows XP (all versions)
- Windows Vista (all versions)
- Windows 7 (without SP1)
- Windows 8 (without 8.1 upgrade)
- Mac OSX 10.9 or lower
Training & Documentation
Students are strongly encouraged to ensure that the computer they bring on campus meets the requirements for support established by NAU Information Technology Services.
Information about the wired/ethernet access to ResNet.top