Finding Your Computer's MAC Address
In order to register a computer on the NAU network, you need to know the Media Access Control (MAC) address for the computer's network card. Use the steps below to find out where your MAC address is located.
WINDOWS XP/Vista/Windows 7:
- Click your Start button
- Click Run
- In the Run dialog box, type cmd, then click OK
- Type: ipconfig /all
- The "Physical Address" for the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection will be what you will need.
- Wireless connections and modems are usually marked as such. Do not register these physical addresses.
Macintosh OS X:
- Apple Menu / System Preferences
- Go to the "Internet & Network" section
- Click on the "Network" icon.
- The "ethernet address" will be what you will need.
How to connect your computer to the NAU domain.