Arizona Access Technology Program (AzTAP)
What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology (AT) includes thousands of products that enable persons with disabilities to be more productive and independent in daily activities. Assistive technology products range from simple to complex and can be used at home, work, school and in the community to reduce barriers and increase personal abilities.
At AzTAP, we assist persons with disabilities of all types and ages as well as family members, service providers, employers and the general public to become better educated about the value and use of assistive technology. Let AzTAP help you choose the right technology!
As required by the Assistive Technology Act, our services include:
- An evaluation of the AT needs of an individual, including a functional evaluation of how AT would help the individual
- Purchasing, leasing, or otherwise providing an AT device
- Selecting, designing, fitting, customizing, adapting, applying, maintaining, repairing, replacing, or donating an AT device
- Coordinating and using therapies, such as occupational therapy or physical therapy, with AT devices under an educational plan or rehabilitative plan
- Training or technical assistance for an individual with a disability, or his or her family members, guardians, advocates, or authorized representatives
- Training or technical assistance for educational or rehabilitation professionals, manufacturers of AT devices, employers, providers of training and employment services, and others who help individuals with disabilities
- A service that expands access to technology, including email and Internet, to persons with disabilities.