Arizona Access Technology Program (AzTAP)
What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology (AT) includes thousands of products that enable persons with disabilities to be more productive and independent in daily activities. Assistive technology products range from simple to complex and can be used at home, work, school and in the community to reduce barriers and increase personal abilities.
At AzTAP, we assist persons with disabilities of all types and ages as well as family members, service providers, employers and the general public to become better educated about the value and use of assistive technology. Let AzTAP help you choose the right technology!
As required by the Assistive Technology Act, our services include:
- Assistive Technology Consultations: An exploration of the specific needs of an individual, including a review of the functional tasks and what Assistive Technology options would potentially be helpful to the individual.
- Information & Assistance: Provide general information, referral and support to persons with disabilities, their family members and rehabilitation providers to explore Assistive Technology options, available support services and with acquiring specific Assistive Technology devices.
- Short Term Assistive Technology Device Loans: Lend Assistive Technology devices for individuals to tryout at work, school or home for the functional task for which it is needed.
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstrations: A guided hands on exploration of an Assistive Technology device to review its specific features, operation and if possible compare it against the features of a similar device (s).
- Assistive Technology & Durable Medical Equipment Reuse Services: Online services assisting with locating, selling, donating or exchanging used Assistive Technology devices and Durable Medical Equipment.
- Public Awareness: Provide trainings and outreach on AzTAP programs and services as well as increase awareness of Assistive Technology and its application for persons with disabilities.
- Training on Assistive Technology: Provide custom designed trainings on Assistive Technology devices, services and topics.
- Technical Assistance: Provide technical assistance and advisement to community organizations, public services and businesses related to Assistive Technology and the service needs of their customers with disabilities.
- Alternative Low Interest Financing for Purchasing Assistive Technology: Provide low interest financial loans with flexible lending terms to persons with disabilities and/or their families to purchase Assistive Technology.