-IGP Mission Statement
Master skills for global change
NAU’s IGP program is based on our five core competencies and values
Our graduates develop mastery in our 5 competency areas through a strategic combination of skills development workshops, events, and academics, then put it all together while abroad. NAU’s Interdisciplinary Global Programs students live our values everyday.
- Positive leadership: The skill to motivate others towards a common goal, with the authentic intent of creating change towards a more stable, peaceful, and collaborative world.
- Interdisciplinary thinking: The ability to problem solve by interconnecting theories and concepts across disciplines.
- Intercultural competence: Displaying a range of perceptive and behavioral skills across cultures to effectively interact with peoples from around the world.
- Multilingual capacity: The power or ability to communicate in multiple languages.
- Community networking: Proficiency in connecting with others to create and deepen relationships in pursuit of a collective goal.
“IGP taught me how to merge my passions for culture, language and science and helped me shine on future applications.”
French & Biology major
Respect • Excellence • Adaptability • Adventure • Humanity
Find your community
At IGP, diversity is our core. We believe connecting peoples, cultures, and languages makes a better world for everyone. Our focus on inclusivity encourages students to contribute as their best, most authentic selves.
IGP students are diverse in:
- Disciplines, countries, backgrounds
- Heritage, ethnicity, workstyles
- Abilities, economics, geography