-IGP Mission Statement
Master skills for global change
NAU’s IGP program is based on our five core competencies and values
Our graduates develop mastery in our 5 competency areas through a strategic combination of skills development workshops, events, and academics, then put it all together while abroad. NAU’s Interdisciplinary Global Programs students live our values everyday.
- Multilingual Capability: The power and ability to communicate in more than one language across registers and dialects.
- Intercultural Competence: The practice of effectively interacting with peoples from diverse cultures.
- Positive Leadership: The skill to motivate others toward goals that contribute to positive change.
- Community Networking: The connection with others to form global networks of reciprocal support.
- Interdisciplinary Thinking: The ability to integrate and apply knowledge across disciplines.
“IGP taught me how to merge my passions for culture, language and science and helped me shine on future applications.”
French & Biology major
Respect • Excellence • Adaptability • Awareness • Innovation
Find your community
At IGP, diversity is our core. We believe connecting peoples, cultures, and languages makes a better world for everyone. Our focus on inclusivity encourages students to contribute as their best, most authentic selves.
IGP students are diverse in:
- Disciplines, countries, backgrounds
- Heritage, ethnicity, workstyles
- Abilities, economics, geography