Apply to IGP if you are:
Entering NAU as a freshmen Accordion Closed
This is the ideal time to apply to Interdisciplinary Global Programs. Apply as soon as you know you are interested in order to get set up right away with the proper coursework during Undergraduate Orientation. For freshmen entering our program in the summer before they start at NAU, students don’t need to worry about being on track with their language. All students can join and study any language of their choosing, as long as they start language coursework right away, alongside their first degree classes.
Math placement is a bit trickier. The only way students can graduate within five years with our programs is if they start their freshman year in the correct math course. Learn which math placement you need for first semester freshman year in your chosen degree. Students who are more than one class behind will be ineligible to apply.
For more information about Math Placement, check out Gateway.
Current NAU freshmen or sophomore Accordion Closed
Connect with us today! Students have until add/drop week of their sophomore year to apply to IGP. You must also meet the following requirements:
For all students:
- GPA: 2.75 or higher (3.0 or higher for Japanese)
- B or higher in all language courses
- You must enter fall semester sophomore year in sophomore level coursework for your STEM or business degree
For students studying French, German, or Spanish:
- You must enter fall semester sophomore year in FRE/GER/SPA201 or higher.
For students studying Arabic, Chinese, or Japanese:
- You must have completed at least two of the following:
- Arabic: ARB 101, ARB 102, HIS 230, or HIS 231
- Chinese: CHI 101, CHI 102, ARH143, CCS250 (Gateway to East Asia)
- Japanese: JPN 101, JPN 102, ARH143, CCS250 (Gateway to East Asia)
IGP enables you to combine a degree with STEM or Business with one in language or cultural studies at NAU. Eligible STEM or Business degrees include any majors that can be found within the The College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences, The College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences, and The W. A. Franke College of Business.
Wondering if IGP is right for you? Contact us! We work with athletes, ROTC students, students in fraternities and sororities, and more. Let’s discuss making it work for you, too.