Where: NAU Campus
Time: All floats must arrive by 10 am at the latest or they will not be allowed in the parade. Parade starts at 11:30 am.
Staging: Staging will take place in the P16 parking lot, in between the Fieldhouse and the Cline Library. This will be where you will meet with your organization and your float on the morning of parade day to prepare.
Direct staging instruction will be provided to all participants prior to parade day.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED BY OCTOBER 15TH
ALL QUESTIONS CAN BE DIRECTED TO BLUEKEYHOMECOMING@NAU.EDU
Please review with your entire organization as these guidelines are key to having an awesome and fun parade day for everyone.
• All participants must be properly attired. Remember this is for the Flagstaff community, NAU alumni and their families, and the entire NAU campus.
• The use of music and appropriate noise is encourage, but be mindful of other floats.
• You must proceed on the designated parade route for the entire parade.
• Please provide plenty of space between your float and the float in front of you. It will make the parade last longer and allow your group to be properly seen.
• Objects may be handed out to the crowd; throwing anything is prohibited. Candy is permitted, but must be pre-wrapped and distributed by hand.
• All entries must have some form of banner or signage.
• Public intoxication will not be tolerated. Anyone who has consumed alcohol directly before or during the parade will not be allowed to participate.
• No limbs or objects should dangle off the sides of moving vehicles.
• Floats should never exceed 5 mph.
• All float ideas will be approved by Student Unions and Activities to ensure they meet University and state rules and regulations.
Blue Key is currently attempting to secure some flatbed trailers to encourage groups to consider submitting a larger, more elaborate entry for the 2019 parade. More details will be provided at the Parade Information Session, if trailers are available.
Parade Information Session
At least one member from every group interested in participating in the parade must attend this session. We encourage you to bring along 2 or 3 members of your group to gain a better understanding of the parade.
When: October 10, 2019 at 6 p.m.
• Get tips for float designing
• Receive valuable resources, including details on float materials reimbursement, available bays/locations for Homecoming float building, and contacts for questions
• Get more instruction on parade route, staging, participation guidelines, and other key information
We, the undersigned, do understand and agree that our organization is fully responsible for any damage to property and/or injury to any person resulting from our organization's activities during this event. We agree to follow all university guidelines and to take any precautions necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants. We agree to exercise care in the use of the area requested and agree to leave the premise/facility in the same condition as found prior to event and to compensate the University for any damage done to property. We hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless and covenant not to sue the chairpersons, advisors, and members of the Homecoming Committee, the Associated Students of NAU, Northern Arizona University, the Arizona Board of Regents, the State of Arizona, its officers, employees, volunteers, sponsors, and agents, and their heirs, administrators, and executors, from demands, losses, or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by negligence or any person or otherwise, for myself and my spouse, if any, and our heirs, successors, and assigns, from and regarding any and all claims whatsoever for any and all damages and/or injury resulting from, arising out of or occurring in connection with any activities arranged or sponsored by our organizations and by participating the 2019 Homecoming Parade.