Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences: Nutrition and Foods-program outcomes
- Demonstrate foundational Food Science content knowledge and process.
- Integrate current nutrition, food, scientific information and research into practice by locating, interpreting, evaluating and using professional literature to make ethical evidence-based practice decisions.
- Demonstrate the beliefs, values, attitudes and behaviors of a public health nutrition professional.
- Use current information technologies to communicate to a broad range of audiences.
- Apply counseling/coaching techniques to facilitate behavior change in individuals and for communities.
- Apply knowledge of the role of environment, food and lifestyle choices to develop interventions to affect change and enhance wellness in diverse individuals and groups.
- Create educational sessions, programs or strategies for individuals or a target population.
- Strategically apply principles of management and systems in the provision of services to individuals and organizations.