Caller of the month
Lumberjack Engagement Center
The NAU Lumberjack Engagement Center is responsible for contacting thousands of alumni, parents, and students of Northern Arizona University to build relationships, reconnect them to the university, and raise money for the university. All the money raised goes directly to improving programs, services, and scholarships.
Work for the Lumberjack Engagement Center
As a current student, you are the best representative of Northern Arizona University. The Lumberjack Engagement Center is a fast-paced, fun work environment where you can learn great skills and help the university at the same time.
Job description Accordion Closed
You will call alumni, parents, and current students to:
- build rapport and help strengthen their relationship to NAU
- provide ways for them to engage with the university
- update them on current NAU news and events
- update vital demographic information so we are able to reach them
- ask for donations for university departments, programs, and scholarships
Desired qualifications Accordion Closed
To work at the Lumberjack Engagement Center, you should:
- have a positive attitude
- be outgoing
- be able to engage in conversation
- be confident
- show a knowledge of NAU
- be involved on campus
- have basic computer knowledge
- be able tow work well under peer supervision
- be punctual
- be self-motivated
- be able to think on your feet
- be comfortable asking for donations over the phone
Shifts available Accordion Closed
You can work 3-5 shifts per week (which is 10.5-17.5 hours per week)
- Saturdays, 1:00pm-4:30pm
- Sundays, 1:00pm-4:30pm
- Mondays, 5:15pm-8:45pm
- Tuesdays, 5:15pm-8:45pm
- Wednesdays, 5:15pm-8:45pm
- Thursday, 5:15pm-8:45pm
Pay rate Accordion Closed
- You will be paid $11.00 per hour, plus small bonuses.
Mandatory training sessions Accordion Closed
- If hired, you will be required to attend several mandatory training sessions.
- These training sessions will cover orientation, computer system, call scripting, role-playing, etc.
- Time/date of sessions to be determined at time of hire. You will be paid for your training hours.
Stipulations Accordion Closed
- The Lumberjack Engagement Center positions are open to both Student Wage and Federal Work Study students.