Selling Program Student Resources
The Professional Selling Program not only provides you with the valuable classroom education to prepare you for a career in sales, but also with several resources to help you begin your career.
Recommended Resources from Partners
Jobs and Internships in Sales
Search for jobs and internships that are available to students focused on sales.
Search for jobs and internships in sales.
Get prepared to interview for a job opportunity by signing up to participate in a mock interview held by the Career Development Office.
Have your resume professionally reviewed before sending it off to a potential employer.
View additional information on resume reviews.
Visit the FCB’s Career Development Office for more information on student resources.
Pathways to Professional Leadership
Attend seminars, workshops, and lectures to support your academic success, career exploration, and job search. The Professional Selling Program will host several Pathways throughout the year specifically geared towards business in sales.
View more information and a current list of upcoming Pathways.
Executive Job Shadow Program
Spend 2-3 days with a top level sales executive to gain a firsthand experience in a sales environment.
View more information on the Executive Job
- How will you Measure Your Life, by Clayton Christensen
- The Story of Ferdinand, by Munro Lead
- Ted Talk: A Rich Life with Less Stuff, by the Minimalists
- Business Advice: Recognize that there are often many paths to get where you see yourself.
- Remember to dream as well as finding happiness where you are.
- Value Selling, by Julie Thomas
- The Challenger Sale, by Matthew Dixon and Brent Adamson
- Ted Talk: The Power of Vulnerability, by Brene Brown
- Ted Talk: Tony Robbins
- Magazines: Wall Street Journal and Business Insider
- Business Advice: Utilize Career Center
- Utilize Resources
- Have an open mind: talk to as many people as possible
- Checklist Manifesto, by Atul Gawande
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck
- Ted Talk: 10 ways to have a better conversation, by Celeste Headlee
- Podcast: Leadership and Business, by William & Mary
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
- Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton Gordon Malkiel
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Magazine: Fortune
- Magazine: Knowledge@Wharton – free online magazine from Wharton Business School.
- Business Advice: Mastering the basic fundamentals of any job is the key to success
- These two skills: How to use Excel and how to Sell.
- You’ll get respect from your peers by earning it
- Sales Simplified – Mike Weinberg
- Fanatical Prospecting – Jeb Blount
- The Energy Bus – Jon Gordon
- Ted Talk: Grit: The Power of Passion – Angela Duckworth
- Magazines: The Economist, Forbes, Wall Street Journal
- Business Advice: How to manage my money better in the beginning going from college to having a career.
- There will be ups and downs so find a Mentor as soon as possible to help you through those.
- Be yourself.
- Never sacrifice your brand.
- Evolve when things aren’t working; evolve faster when they are.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks!