Non-Profit and Social Entrepreneurship, Undergraduate Certificate
University Requirements Tab Open
Overview Tab Closed
Details Tab Closed
Campus Availability Tab Closed
University Requirements Accordion Open
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
Overview Accordion Closed
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand the unique aspects for the non-profit and social enterprises with respect to economic, governance, legal, human resource, management and leadership issues
- Develop and communicate mission, vision and values statement for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop a business model for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Given a business model, create an appropriate organization and governance structure for a non-profit or social enterprise.
- Develop a strategic plan for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop a marketing/fundraising plan for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Interpret financial statement from non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop appropriate financial management strategies for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop and communicate a written business plan for a non-profit or social enterprise
Details Accordion Closed
Additional Admission Requirements
The W.A. Franke College of Business (FCB) offers more than a dozen undergraduate certificates, some of which are open to all Northern Arizona University students.
Because non-FCB students are not allowed to take more than 27 units of business classes with the FCB, and because most upper-division business courses require admission to the Business Professional Program or a waiver of prerequisite, non-FCB students must visit the FCB Office of Academic Services before pursuing an FCB certificate.
The FCB does not accept upper-division transfer credits from programs not accredited by the AACSB (such as the University of Phoenix or the Bachelor of Business Administration program at NAU).
You must complete 6 units of certificate coursework that are not used in your major, minor, or other certificates, and you must complete at least 60% of certificate coursework at Northern Arizona University.
Take the following 15 units with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.