Business Administration, Master of Business Administration
Our building features dedicated MBA space and excellent technology to support your learning. Faculty are approachable and interested in your personal development and education. If you have core business knowledge obtained at the undergraduate level, you can complete our MBA in ten months. If you did not study business as an undergraduate you can complete in our program in 18 months or less.
Our accelerated format allows you to finish more quickly compared to many other MBA programs. You begin earning sooner, and limit the out-of-pocket and opportunity cost of your education. If you are a resident of one of 14 western states you will pay in-state tuition. Scholarships, tuition waivers and graduate assistantships are also available. Please visit our website for details.
This program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Career Tab Open
University Requirements Tab Closed
Overview Tab Closed
Details Tab Closed
Campus Availability Tab Closed
Career Accordion Open
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Business analyst
- Executive manager
- Marketing director
University Requirements Accordion Closed
To receive a master’s degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject areas, consisting of at least 30 units of graduate-level courses. (Many master’s degree programs require more than 30 units.)
You must additionally complete:
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
Overview Accordion Closed
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||30|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 119|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.|
|Additional Fees/Program Fees||Required|
|Progression Plan Link||View Program of Study|
The accelerated MBA program is focused on students with a core business education seeking graduate studies in management theory and practice and those seeking accounting certification. Our primary goal is to prepare students to make valuable contributions to their chosen profession and their communities. Our secondary goal is to provide high-quality, business-related training, education, consulting, and information to the Arizona community.
In pursuit of these goals we commit to the following:
- foster a sense of community and promote diversity among our students, staff, faculty, and alumni,
- offer a rigorous, current, AACSB-accredited curriculum,
- integrate advanced technologies into the curriculum,
- support and encourage our faculty in their creative and personalized delivery of our curriculum and their counseling of our students,
- maintain and nurture an ongoing faculty commitment to a broad array of intellectual contributions that includes pedagogical research, contributions to practice, and discipline-based scholarship.
Student Learning Outcomes
Strategic Integrative Thinking: MBAs should apply integrative frameworks reflecting appropriate functional knowledge to identify issues and problems, generate alternatives, and develop logical solutions for complex business situations. Solutions should be supported by relevant analysis and decision model selection.
Ethics and Social Responsibility: MBAs can demonstrate the ability to identify ethical dilemmas and be able to recognize and evaluate alternative courses of actions.
Global Applications: MBAs are able to analyze complex global economic and business issues, understand available and feasible choices for global business decisions, and generate feasible recommendations for firms operating in global business environments.
Professional Self-Management Skills: MBAs should display professional demeanor through confidence, courtesy, appearance and a proactive approach to work and career. They should build effective working relationships and pursue opportunities for self-improvement by developing networking and feedback resources.
Communication: MBAs can communicate effectively in written and oral formats for a variety of purposes, situations and audiences. Additionally, students can communicate effectively as both individuals and as part of a group presentation.
Leadership: MBAs will demonstrate the ability to lead classmates in the performance of team-based coursework. The MBAs will influence their peers by using a values-based approach as opposed to a command-and-control style of influence.
Details Accordion Closed
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs. Details on admission requirements are included in the online application.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- Admission to many graduate programs is on a competitive basis, and programs may have higher standards than those established by the Graduate College.
- For details on graduate admission policies, please visit the Graduate Admissions Policy
- International applicants have additional admission requirements. Please see the International Graduate Admissions Policy
Individual program admission requirements include:
- GRE® revised General Test or GMAT
- MAT 119 or course at equivalent or higher level
- Reference form with contact information for two references
- The MBA at The W.A. Franke College of Business is a cohort-based program. Admitted students are required to complete all courses with their cohort in the sequence specified in the program of study for their cohort.
- Applicants whose undergraduate field of study is in an area other than business or who have graduated in business from a non-AACSB accredited institution may be required to complete additional foundation courses in business and math. These individual requirements are determined in consultation with the graduate coordinator, are considered part of the program of study, and must be successfully completed before enrollment in MBA core or elective courses. All applicants must also successfully complete a non-credit, on-line, quantitative methods module before beginning MBA core courses.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Responses to specific essay questions
Take the following 30 units:
Core Courses (21 units)
- Accounting Concentration (M.B.A.- ACC) (9 units)
Prepares students to receive the necessary hours for the CPA exam.
Provides learning and hands-on experience that enables students to enter the workforce with an advanced skill set.
- Accounting Concentration (M.B.A.- ACC) (9 units)
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Program
This program is available as an Accelerated Undergraduate/Graduate Plan. Accelerated Programs provide the opportunity for outstanding undergraduates working on their bachelor’s degree to simultaneously begin work on a master’s degree. Departments may allow students to complete both degrees in an accelerated manner by approving up to 12 units applicable toward both degrees. Students must apply to the accelerated program and the master’s program by the application deadline, and meet all requirements as listed on the Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Programs to be considered for admission. Admission to programs is competitive and qualified applicants may be denied because of limits on the number of students admitted each year. Be sure to speak with your advisor regarding your interest in Accelerated Programs.
- PROGRAM FEE INFORMATION
Program fees for Fall 2020 will be updated in Summer 2020. Please check back to confirm program fees.
Program fees are established by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR). A program fee of $7000 has been approved for this program.