News & Events
The Nonprofit Center serves all Arizona nonprofits and social entrepreneurs. Learn more about running and growing a socially-minded company by attending our workshops and conferences that are led by industry experts.
2019 1st Annual Nonprofit Leadership Conference
On May 23, 2019, The Northern Arizona Center for Nonprofit Entrepreneurship hosted its 1st Annual Nonprofit Leadership Conference at the DoubleTree Hotel in Flagstaff, AZ. The Conference provided workshops and sessions which focused on nonprofit governance, accounting, crafting marketing pitches, getting grants, and so much more! Attendees had the opportunity to choose which track session they would attend. Track One offered a variety of workshops for CEOs, Executive Directors, and/or Board Members. Track Two provided workshops and sessions for leadership staff such as COOs, CFOs, HR Professionals, Controllers, and Marketing Executives.
Come back for details about our Second Annual Nonprofit Leadership Conference.
Schedule of Events – 1st Annual Nonprofit Leadership Conference
9:00 AM – Welcome and Keynote Speaker Janice Sweeter, Ph.D.
- An Associate Professor of Practice, Strategic Communication at Northern Arizona University, earned her doctorate in journalism and mass communications. Her dissertation focused on the alliance of nonprofit, government, and for-profit organizations that worked together to essentially eliminate Veteran homelessness in Phoenix and she will share her best practices for nonprofit collaborations to kick off out conference.
- Track 1: How to Work with a Board Effectively and Productively
Presented by Jeff Hall, CEO, Lowell Observatory
- Track 2: Managing Volunteers and Under-Paid Employees
Presented by Dietrich Sauer, Executive Director of Human Resources, Coconino Community College
- Track 1: Top 10 Must Do’s in Accounting, Budgeting, and Cash
Presented by Eric Fraint, CEO/Founder, Your Part-Time Controller, LLC
- Track 2: Top Tricks and Tips for Writing a Grant
Presented by Sara Wagner, MPH, Grant Professional Certified, Grants That Go the Distance
Noon – Lunch and Keynote Address
- Go for the Gold: The Charity Watchdogs and “The Overhead Myth” – Eric Fraint, CEO/Founder, Your Part-Time Controller, LLC
- Track 1: Help is Available in Flagstaff
Presented by Amanda Kristinat, Vice President of Operations and Finance, Moonshoot at NACET
- Track 2: Are you Staying Legal?
Presented by Brandon Kavanaugh, Attorney and Partner, Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C.
- Track 1: Is it Time for a Capital Campaign?
Presented by Lisa Actor, Deputy Director of Development, Lowell Observatory
- Track 2: Thee Interactive Visual Tools that will Improve Your Strategic Planning Process
Presented by Angie Moline, Founder and Creative Catalyst, Moline Creative
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Northern Arizona Healthcare Foundation
- Uni Source Energy Services
- Arizona Community Foundation of Flagstaff
- Your Part-Time Controller
- Moonshoot at NACET
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Cindy May Marketing