Information Systems Advisory Council
The Information Systems (IS) Advisory Council (ISAC) is comprised of industry and government professionals. The purpose of the ISAC is to advise the IS Area, including faculty and students on issues related to area planning, curriculum development, student recruitment and placement. Some of the goals of the Advisory Council are:
- To provide guidance that correctly targets the curriculum to develop a skill set in our graduates which best meets market demands.
- To enhance the career placement opportunities for our students and help develop student job search and selection skills.
- To discover and promote strategic alliances leading to internship opportunities for our majors.
- To create and enhance a student’s experience in the classroom through appearances, presentations and discussions with information technology leaders from the Advisory Council or their representative organizations.
- To provide industry information helpful in promoting and sustaining faculty currency with practices in information systems.
- To create opportunities for faculty research partnerships with business organizations and information technology professionals.
- To provide guidance on CIS area direction and resource allocation within the constrained resources available of program delivery.
Current members of the IS Advisory Council
Robert Austin (’96 BA)
Manager – Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Technology
Cliff Barlow (’86)
Director – Security and Operations
Jeff Bulkeley (’82) (Advisory Council Treasurer)
Business Systems Support Manager
Cigna Medical Group
Bert Bullock (’84) (Special Projects Chair)
Promises Kept Software
University Information Security Officer
Northern Arizona University
Linda Cook (’83)
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
Stephen Coons (’84)
DST Systems Inc.
Kansas City, Missouri
Patrick Cooper (’02)
Head of IT Service Delivery
Todd Davis (’85)
Katherine (Kate) Ewy (’11)
Operations Program Manager
Amanda Garcia (’11)
Senior Account Executive
IT Delivery and Strategy Consultant
Tom Grazda (’79) (Advisory Council Past-Chair)
Director – Outsourcing Programs
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Brian Hinshaw (’85)
Productive Data Solutions
Heather Iskrzak (’94 Arts & Sciences)
Manager, Talent Acquisition
Lisa Levy (’96 School of Communications)
Quinn Martinez (’16)
Director, Technology Solutions
Senior Manager of Information Architecture
Senior Solutions Architect
Gregory Russell (’97 BGS)
Enterprise Infrastructure Leader
W L Gore and Associates
William Secore (’74) (Advisory Council Chair)
Director – Outsourcing (Retired)
Computer Sciences Corporation
Dennis E. Spurlin
Applications Systems Analyst, Programmer Senior
Information Technology Services Enterprise Information Solutions
Northern Arizona University
Terra Verde Services
Director – Information Security
Steve Westerdahl (’73)
Director – Digital Systems
State Farm Insurance
Todd Wingler (’94)
Director – Sales
Curtis Zinzilieta (’96)
Director, Solutions Architecture