A professional qualification with a degree from NAU
The W. A. Franke College of Business is proud to announce our partnership with the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) in creating an opportunity for you to earn your Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation while you complete your degree at FCB. Always in demand, the CMA designation brings your skills to the table. An overwhelming 79% of CMAs say the certification gave them career advancement opportunities.*
For additional information regarding the CMA certification contact professor Neal Smith or your advisor.
* IMA’s 2021 global salary survey
For nearly 50 years, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification has been the global benchmark for management accountants and financial professionals. Why? Because CMAs can explain the “why” behind numbers, not just the “what.” And that can give you greater credibility, higher earning potential, and ultimately a seat at the leadership table.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional accounting certification required
- 2 years of work experience required
- Successful completion of parts 1 and 2 of the exam
- 50% pass rate globally
- 4,000 CMAs granted each year on average
- 70,000 CMAs awarded to date, each and every one earned through testing
- 12-18 months to complete both parts, on average
- Up to 3 years allowed to complete both parts of the exam
- 150-170 recommended hours of study per part