These simple truths form the foundation of the Business Leadership Program (BLP). Superior leadership skills give FCB students a significant boost in their business careers. The BLP helps students gain these skills, knowledge, and personal characteristics. Regardless of their personal goals, understanding how to lead will help our students achieve success.
Leadership is the art and science of getting others to do what they would otherwise not do. Over the course of three years (beginning with the sophomore year) the BLP helps students learn to lead.
The BLP is an intensive, three-year program designed to help students learn to listen, understand, and persuade. We built the program around activities including:
- Structured learning activities that help students gain core skills
- Personal reflection journals that deepen students learning and self-understanding
- Interactions with industry leaders that help students learn leadership from those who effectively lead.
The program also helps students become ethical leaders. In each year students improve their understanding of basic ethical principles and how they apply to leadership.
Students who successfully complete the Business Leadership Program will be able to:
- Apply appropriate active listening techniques
- Understand others’ motivations and perspectives
- Persuade others through crafting and delivering effective messages verbally and in writing
- Apply leadership skills ethically and effectively