Offer an Executive Job Shadow
The goal for the Executive Shadowing program is to provide NAU-FCB students with the opportunity to understand the daily functions of an executive. While internships allow students to transition from the classroom to the business world as valuable team players, the Executive Shadowing program allows them to understand what their degree can lead to many years from now.
Participating executives should help the student gain a sense of:
- Career path,
- Daily job functions,
- Career challenges and opportunities,
- Professional growth, and
- Positioning for advancement.
Students participating in the program expect to:
- Spend time with executive; get advice and insight.
- Gain exposure to various aspects of the business world.
- Ask questions about industry.
- Observe meetings and discussions.
- Understand correlation between classroom and work world.
- Gain a sense of corporate culture.
- Meet and talk with experienced professionals in their interest field.
- Learn what various jobs entail.
Possible agenda for a job shadow:
- Tour the company and departments
- Meet with people from various departments and levels (from recent graduates to top management)
- Observe meetings, negotiations, and day-to-day operations
- Participate in a project or discussion
- Time to discuss the industry and student’s field of interest, answer questions, offer advice
The participating student will contact you at least two weeks prior with several questions, including:
- Preliminary agenda
- Business information
- Dress requirements
To ensure smooth travel arrangements, please designate a contact person in your department to provide hotel and ground transportation information to our planner.
If, at the last minute, you cannot participate, please contact us at the FCB CDO to discuss options.