Student Support Services (SSS)
This program at NAU provides assistance for First-Generation students
Stay on track to graduate. Student Support Services with the First-Generation program ensures you have what you need to envision and achieve success. Our program’s mission is to increase college retention and graduation rates for eligible students. We offer first-year students:
- Mentoring from an upperclass student leader, who can help you make a successful transition to college.
- You will start SSS with a small group of first-time freshmen who share many of your experiences. They’ll become your support system as well as your friends.
- Peer-led workshops on time management, study skills, paying for college, budgeting, personal strengths, getting involved, and campus resources.
- Professional staff who will provide guidance on academic skills, financial aid, and money management.
- Up to a $500 scholarship for each semester of successful participation as a freshmen or sophomore (you must have unmet financial need).
How to apply to the Student Support Services program at NAU
The First Generation program at NAU is now accepting SSS applications for the 2018-19 academic year. Find program eligibility and the steps to apply and submit your application online.
Helpful resources for first generation students