STAR: How to apply
Begin your journey as an NAU STAR program student
Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Successful Transition and Academic Readiness (STAR) Program. The program is open to new incoming freshmen who are committed to earning their bachelor’s degree from Northern Arizona University. To be selected for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- MUST be an Arizona resident
- Begin attending NAU in fall 2020
- Are a first-generation college student
- Demonstrate financial need
Apply to the STAR program at NAU
Applying to the STAR program is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Apply to Northern Arizona University. You must be accepted to the university and pay the $350 enrollment deposit to be selected for the STAR program.
- Complete and submit the STAR Interest Participant Application.
- All STAR Program participants are required to complete BOTH the 2019- 2020 and the 2020 – 2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) to be considered for eligibility in the program.
If you have any questions, please contact the STAR Program.
Selection process for first-generation students
Once we receive your interest form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from the program. We review applications for the program in February. Please note that we are only able to make a decision after your interest form is complete.
Once selected for the program, we will send you a confirmation letter and check-in/orientation packet.
If you have completed the application process by January, expect to hear from us by late January. We plan to select the entire class by March 30th.