First Scholars: How to apply
Learn how to apply to this program as an NAU student
If you wish to become an NAU First Scholar, the helpful information below will guide you through the steps to apply to the program.
Become a First Scholar
Applying to the First Scholars program is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Apply to Northern Arizona University. You must be accepted to the university and pay the $350 enrollment deposit by the selection date in order to be selected for the First Scholars program.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), to be considered for eligibility in the program. To qualify for First Scholars, you must submit your FAFSA and have a complete file by April 1.
- Submit your online housing application.
- Complete and submit the First Scholars application by 11:59 PM on February 15, 2020.
- Eligible student should receive an email by mid-March to complete the SSI online assessment.