Student learning experience
The FVI provides students with opportunities to learn about family violence in local, state, national and international arenas while earning credit through NAU. We continue to seek new projects and funding opportunities that will enhance student success and contribute to safer communities.
Join us at Northern Arizona University’s Family Violence Institute Accordion Closed
- Help provide technical assistance on statewide, national, and international levels.
- Assist with grant writing and proposal development.
- Work with faculty on writing assignments and book length projects.
- Communicate with domestic violence fatality review team members nationally to update information.
- Conduct research in conjunction with field consultants and faculty.
- Help produce national newsletters, assist with marketing projects, and create national conference materials.
- Contribute to statistical analyses.
- Search and review journal articles on emerging issues relevant to the FVI mission.
- Develop professionally by attending local and national trainings.
- Assist with national website maintenance.
- Acquire career building clerical and administrative skills.
Student opportunities Accordion Closed
- Internships (for credit; flexible schedules up to 20 hours per week)
- Undergraduate and Graduate research (for credit)
- Independent study (for credit)
- Volunteer Opportunities
Relevant disciplines Accordion Closed
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice and Criminology
- English Ethnic Studies
- Political Science
- Public Policy and Administration
- Social Work
- Women’s & Gender Studies