The Faculty Professional Development Program organizes and conducts
offerings aimed at engaging faculty in focused conversations about designing
teaching and learning experiences to contribute to a "teaching
commons" at Northern Arizona University.
FPDP offers single & multi-meeting sessions, faculty learning communities, book discussions and communities of practice.
View the September offerings.
Learn about our new faculty learning opportunities.
Access the materials for our events, sessions, and meetings.
Upcoming Event: New Faculty Orientation
For detailed information, resources for new faculty and to register, go here. About the Faculty Professional Development Program
Faculty Professional Development Program offers the following programs and activities on a yearly basis. To learn more about each activity go here.
View and enroll in scheduled activities.
- New Faculty Engagement
- Fall Orientation
- Productive Beginnings Series
- Colleague-to-Colleague Mentoring Partnerships
- Faculty Learning Communities & Communities of Practice
- Events & Sessions (offered remotely)
- January Teaching Day
- Book Discussions
- Topical Workshops and Session Series
- Yuma Professional Development Day
- Consultations on Teaching and Scholarship
- Departmental and Program
- Resource Collaboration Group
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Development
- Introduction to University Teaching Course (semesters vary)
- GTA Recognition Program
For information about our upcoming events, view our current calendar
President's Distinguished Teaching Fellows blog