Join our graduate program
Graduate quick links
Visit the College of Education’s future students page to get helpful links for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Programs of study
For a complete listing of all programs of study, please visit the Graduate College Programs of Study page.
PK-12 College and Career Counseling, Master of Education
The program is designed to adequately equip educational personnel as college and career counselors for employment in Arizona PK-12 schools in order to meet Arizona workforce requirements in the 21st century.
This 36-hour M.Ed. in PK-12 College and Career Counseling prepares educational professionals as College and Career Counselors for Arizona PK-12 schools.
Career Tab Open
Requirements Tab Closed
Overview Tab Closed
Details Tab Closed
Availability Tab Closed
Career Accordion Open
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- College and Career Counselors
- Career Specialists
- College Advisors
Requirements Accordion Closed
To receive a master’s degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject areas, consisting of at least 30 units of graduate-level courses. (Many master’s degree programs require more than 30 units.)
You must additionally complete:
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
Overview Accordion Closed
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||36|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.|
|Research||Individualized research is required.|
|Additional Fees/Program Fees||Required|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
|Progression Plan Link||View Program of Study|
This program may lead to licensure.
Details Accordion Closed
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs. Details on admission requirements are included in the online application.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- Admission to many graduate programs is on a competitive basis, and programs may have higher standards than those established by the Graduate College.
- For details on graduate admission policies, please visit the Graduate Admissions Policy
- International applicants have additional admission requirements. Please see the International Graduate Admissions Policy
Individual program admission requirements include:
- GRE revised General Test for applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Responces to specific essay questions
- One year work experience in the field
- IVP Fingerprint clearance card
This Master’s degree requires 36 units distributed as follows:
- Educational Psychology Content Coursework: 36 units
Take the following 36 units:
- EPS 520, EPS 594, EPS 601, EPS 617, EPS 622, EPS 634, EPS 660, EPS 661, EPS 669, EPS 670, EPS 690, EPS 694
You may not pursue the Counseling-School Counseling; M.Ed. or the College and Career Readiness Certificate in conjunction with this degree.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
- PROGRAM FEE INFORMATION
Program fees are established by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR). A program fee of $600 per year ($300 per semester) has been approved for this program.