STAC event proposal/request for funds
The Northern Arizona University STudent Activities Council (STAC) provides financial support for events that enhance and enrich students’ lives on the Flagstaff campus. Any department or registered student organization can apply for STAC funding. Student organizations seeking funding of less than $1,000 should also consider applying for funding through the Associated Students of Northern Arizona University (ASNAU) funding process.
Please read the following proposal requirements and timelines.
- Funded events must be open to all students and take place on the Flagstaff campus.
- Additional deliberation on requests to fund items that will be kept by the student organization for future use. Requested items must be available to all attendees.
- Although typically not approved, requests for food are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- STAC cannot allocate funds to events that raise money for charitable organizations.
- The maximum amount of funding for any one event is $20,000.
- Card scanners are required to be used by STAC at STAC-funded events to gather general information, such as academic level and major, about student attendees.
Additional information before submission
- Proposals should be submitted no less than 45 calendar days prior to the event.
- Proposals are reviewed in the order they are received.
- STAC will notify the Event Coordinator (person submitting proposal) to arrange a formal presentation during a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Presentation cannot exceed 5 minutes. The committee then has 5 minutes for questions.
- STAC meetings are scheduled weekly.The committee does not meet during the summer.
- Unless additional information is requested, proposals will be voted on by STAC immediately following the presentation. Requests may be funded fully, partially, or denied.
- Once a decision is reached, the presenter will be notified within two business days.
- If awarded money by STAC, the student group must schedule a meeting with a STAC Adviser within 3 business days of funding approval to review event planning, funding details, and funding procedures.
For a complete list of STAC funding policies, please visit the STAC website.