Join the Arizona Teachers Academy (ATA) at NAU, and be eligible to earn your education degree tuition and fee free!
In 2017, Governor Ducey called on Arizona public universities, in partnership with the Arizona community colleges, to develop “a plan for the design of an Arizona Teachers Academy” dedicated to increasing the number of quality teachers in Arizona’s K12 classrooms by reducing student debt for individuals pursuing education degrees. NAU responded by starting the Arizona Teachers Academy (ATA) at eight NAU statewide community campus locations. With the passage of the fiscal year 2020 state budget, NAU is now able to expand the ATA to include professional education programs leading to teacher certification offered. NAU’s ATA program includes professional education programs and teacher certification at all statewide locations including the Flagstaff campus location.
- Admission to an NAU professional education program leading to teacher certification & maintain full-time enrollment each fall/spring semester in that program.
- Have a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
- Maintain Good Academic Standing.
- Complete the Arizona Teachers Academy @ NAU Scholarship Agreement Form.
- Accept all available grant aid and tuition–based scholarships.
- Must complete teacher education program and teach in an Arizona public school post-graduation (one year for each year you receive the ATA scholarship).
- Students who do not fulfill teaching commitment within Arizona must repay ATA scholarship amounts.
Once all steps are successfully submitted, your application will be processed. Once awarded your ATA scholarship will be used to cover any remaining tuition and mandatory student fee balances in your account for enrollment beginning in the fall semester. The Federal TEACH Grant is also available to NAU students enrolled in eligible teacher education programs.
We look forward to assisting you in continuing your education and furthering the opportunities afforded to you in the education workforce. Individuals are available to answer questions or assist you in this process by contacting the NAU Student Service Center at (888) 628-2968 or via email at ServiceCenter@nau.edu.