Kristan Culbertson, MS, CCC-SLP
Blg 66 Rm #238-A
Kristan Culbertson began as a Lecturer in the Speech-Language Sciences and Technology program in 2005. Kristan earned her B.S. in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology from Northern Arizona University in 1991. She continued her studies at NAU, completing her Master of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology in 1993.
Kristan has practiced as an SLP in a variety of settings. Those include brick-and-mortar public schools, teletherapy, and early intervention in the home. Her interests in the field as a teacher and as a therapist focus on the birth to 21 years of age population.
Primary Teaching Areas in the Department: Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) certificate program and Communication Sciences & Disorders (CSD) program.
- CSD 350: Communication Development In Children
- CSD 390: SLPA Professional Issues
- CSD 391: SLPA Clinical Skills
- CSD 455C: Survey of Speech-Language Pathology
Certifications / Licenses:
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Arizona State Department of Education; SLP Non-Teaching Certificate
- Arizona State Department of Health Services Licensure – SLP
Professional Affiliations: Kristan is a member of the American Speech Language Hearing Association and the International Dyslexia Association.