Hall of Fame information
Nomination process for NAU’s College of Education Hall of Fame
The COE Hall of Fame at Northern Arizona University
The purpose of the College of Education (COE) Hall of Fame (HOF) at Northern Arizona University is to recognize and honor alumni and other individuals, including posthumous nominations, who have made significant contributions in their occupations, disciplines, or positions, and who have advanced the vision and mission of the COE through their contributions. NAU Faculty who have made similar significant contributions are eligible for nominations after five years of no longer working for NAU.
Contributing factors may be made in multiple manners, including success in their work, leadership, teaching, writing, research, service, or by other outstanding performance, and having outstanding success in the individual’s profession. These contributions also may have been through support of, and/or service to, the vision and mission of the College of Education. The nominee should have demonstrated long-standing achievement in their area of expertise and/or phenomenal impact in their role/contributions/leadership and/or received honors, awards, or other recognition on a local, regional, national, or international level.
- Nominations may be made up until May 31st of each year; late nominations will be reviewed the following year.
- Nomination forms and procedures are noted on the COE website, self-nominations will not be accepted. All nominations must be accompanied by the following materials, to be received no later than May 31st:
- a current resume or vita for the nominee (no more than 4 pages in length)
- a letter of nomination that is no more than two pages in length clearly demonstrating why the individual should be nominated in support of the COE vision and mission, and should highlight their outstanding performance and achievements
- a completed nomination form
- The Dean of the College of Education appoints a HOF Selection Committee with two representatives from the Leadership Council, the development officer, the dean, and a representative of the COE Leadership Team for a total of five people.
- The committee reviews only complete nominations with all required forms submitted by the May 31st deadline and makes recommendations of qualified candidates.
- Committee review is completed by June 30th.
- The Dean consults with the COE faculty, Leadership Team, and COE Development Officer.
- The Dean names the HOF recipients and notifies the inductees and media.
- HOF members are honored at a college reception during Homecoming Week.