College of Education Hall of Fame at Northern Arizona University
2022 Nominations are now open; click here to nominate a deserving candidate by May 31, 2022.
-Former Dean Michael Sampson. 2012 – 2014
COE Hall of Fame
Eligibility Criteria Accordion Closed
To be considered for selection to the Hall of Fame, an individual must have demonstrated long-standing achievement in their area of expertise directly connected to the mission and vision of the COE and includes deep and sustained impact in the field of education in at least two of the following:
- State or National or International Recognition in their profession in the form of positions of influence, honors, awards, or other recognition in their field on a local, regional, national, or international level.
- Sustained, outstanding support of and/or service to NAU/COE
- Exceptional success in leadership, teaching, writing, and/or research
- Transformative changes to the field of education
Process Accordion Closed
The purpose of the College of Education (COE) Hall of Fame (HOF) is to recognize and honor alumni and other Arizonans, including posthumous nominees who have advanced the vision and mission of the COE through their contributions in their occupations, disciplines, or positions. NAU Faculty who have made significant contributions are eligible for nominations, after no longer being employed full-time by NAU for five years.
- Nominations may be made up until May 31st of each year. Late nominations will be reviewed the following year.
- Nominators are encouraged to have a conversation with the Development Office and/or Dean prior to making a nomination if they have questions regarding the nominee’s qualifications in relation to the eligibility criteria.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted. All nominations must be accompanied by the following materials, to be received no later than May 31st:
- A current resume or vita for the nominee (no more than 4 pages in length)
- A letter of nomination that is no more than two pages in length clearly demonstrating why the individual should be nominated and should highlight their outstanding performance and long-standing achievement in their area of expertise directly connected to the mission and vision of the COE and include their deep and sustained impact in the field of education in Arizona in least two of the four established criteria.
- A completed nomination form
- The Dean of the College of Education appoints a HOF Selection Committee with two representatives from the Leadership Council, the development officer, the dean, and a representative of the COE Leadership Team for a total of five committee members.
- The Committee reviews only complete nominations with all required forms submitted by the May 31st deadline and makes recommendations of qualified candidates.
- Committee review is completed by June 30th
- The Dean consults with the COE faculty, Leadership Team, and COE Development Officer.
- The Dean names the HOF recipients and notifies the inductees, the Office of the President and media.
- HOF members are honored at a university-wide reception during Homecoming Week.