Visa and travel information
Pay I-901 fee
The SEVIS (I-901) fee must be paid before you schedule your visa appointment. This fee is non-refundable. Please remember to print and save your proof of payment receipt.
Pay your SEVIS Fee one of the following ways:
- By credit card or debit card; OR
- Submit the Form I-901 with a money order and mail this to:
I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee
1005 Convention Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63101 United States
Phone Number: 1-703-603-3400 (United States Country Code 001)
Apply for a student visa
A visa allows you to enter the United States. A valid I-20 or DS-2019 form allows you to stay in the U.S. during your studies. Students with an I-20 must obtain an F-1 student visa and students with a DS-2019 must obtain a J-1 exchange student visa before entering the United States to study. To make an appointment and locate a Consular Office, visit the Department of State website.
What to bring to your visa interview
- A receipt for the SEVIS fee
- A receipt showing payment of your visa application fee (if applicable)
- An I-20 or DS-2019 form from Northern Arizona University
- Your admission letter from Northern Arizona University
- A completed Form DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (available online or at any US Embassy or Consulate)
- A passport valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended date of entry into the U.S.
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- A bank letter showing sufficient funds to study in the USA
Entering the US
Arrival by Air
American Airlines (aa.com) operates daily flights from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (Airport Code: PHX) to Flagstaff (Airport Code: FLG).
Arrival by Train
Amtrak Train (amtrak.com) arrives in Flagstaff daily from Chicago and Los Angeles. We also offer pick-up services for new international students from either the Flagstaff airport (FLG) or the Amtrak station (Arizona Shuttle arrivals). Online reservation required; check the Orientation Website for details.
Arrival by Shuttle
Arizona Shuttle (arizonashuttle.com) offers daily shuttles from the Phoenix airport to Flagstaff. Travel time is approximately 3 hours.