International Student Orientation
We’re so excited you are planning to join us at Northern Arizona University! International student orientation is the first step on your NAU adventure. We can’t wait to welcome you to Flagstaff!
Programs in Intensive English Students Tab Open
Exchange Students Tab Closed
Transfer & Dual-Degree Students Tab Closed
1st Year Students Tab Closed
Graduate Students Tab Closed
Programs in Intensive English Students Accordion Open
Exchange Students Accordion Closed
- All exchange students should plan to arrive at NAU no later than Tuesday, January 7th.
- International orientation for exchange students will begin on Wednesday, January 8th.
- Exchange students should work with the Inbound Exchange Coordinator to register for classes.
- Exchange students can contact the Inbound Exchange Coordinator with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View the exchange student orientation schedule.
Transfer & Dual-Degree Students Accordion Closed
- All transfer and dual-degree students should plan to arrive at NAU no later than Tuesday, January 7th.
- International orientation for transfer and dual-degree students will begin on Wednesday, January 8th.
- Academic advising for transfer & dual-degree students is on Thursday, January 9th. Complete priority enrollment to get registered for classes before arrival.
- View the transfer & dual-degree student orientation schedule.
1st Year Students Accordion Closed
- All 1st year students should plan to arrive at NAU no later than Tuesday, January 7th.
- International orientation for 1st year students will begin on Wednesday, January 8th.
- Academic advising for 1st year students is on Thursday, January 9th. Complete priority enrollment to get registered for classes before arrival.
- View the 1st year student orientation schedule.
Graduate Students Accordion Closed
- All graduate student plan to arrive at NAU no later Tuesday, January 7th.
- International orientation for graduate students will begin on Wednesday, January 8th.
- Learn more about graduate studies at the NAU Graduate College.
- Graduate students should work directly with the advisor for their academic department to register for classes. Contact your department’s graduate advisor.
- View the graduate student orientation schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I move into my NAU residence hall? Accordion Closed
NAU residence halls open for new international students on Sunday, January 5th. You must schedule your move-in appointment with NAU Residence Life after receiving your housing placement. Move in can take place at any time of the day or night.
Do I need my JacksCard to move into my NAU residence hall? Accordion Closed
International students can move into their NAU residence hall with their passports, and do not need their JacksCard for initial arrival. Your JacksCard will be available for pick up at the International Pavilion during orientation.
Are bed linens provided by NAU residence halls? Accordion Closed
Bedding is not provided by NAU residence halls. International students may choose to bring these items with them or purchase them shortly after arrival.
How do I sign up for the Flagstaff airport shuttle? Accordion Closed
Email us at email@example.com to sign up for the free airport shuttle from Flagstaff airport to the NAU campus on Tuesday, January 7th. The shuttle is available for all incoming flights to Flagstaff on this date. Please provide your name, flight information, and the name of your NAU campus dormitory.
Can NAU pick me up at the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport? Accordion Closed
Phoenix is located more than 200 km away from Flagstaff. Students flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor airport will need to make individual arrangements for onward travel to Flagstaff. Students may choose to book a flight to Flagstaff Pulliam airport or arrange a shuttle with Groome Transportation.
What is a meal plan? Do I have to purchase one? Accordion Closed
A meal plan is a food contract with NAU Dining Services that allows you to eat at NAU cafeterias and restaurants on campus. Meal plans can be purchased in different amounts depending on your needs.
1st year students living in NAU dormitories are required to purchase a meal plan as part of the NAU Housing Application. A meal plan is optional for international exchange, transfer, dual-degree and graduate students.
How do I apply for a student visa to come to the United States? Accordion Closed
Admitted international students should follow these steps in order to pay the SEVIS fee and apply for a U.S. student visa.
When do classes start at NAU? Accordion Closed
Classes for the Spring 2020 semester begin on Monday, January 13th.
What is the math placement test? Accordion Closed
The math placement test is an assessment that helps NAU academic advisors place you in an appropriate math course based upon your test results. The test is optional, but can be helpful for students who are pursuing degrees that requires a heavy math course load. New international students will have the opportunity to take the test during orientation if desired.