Apply for statewide campuses
Follow the steps below to apply as a statewide student. Please note that immigration paperwork for F-1 and J-1 students will only be issued for the Flagstaff campus and Yuma in-person programs.
Visit the Yuma application page if you are applying at the Yuma campus.
Steps to apply
1. Complete an online application Accordion Closed
Fill out the online application below. Pay the $50 application fee. You will be required to pay the application fee while completing your online application.
2. Submit your official transcripts Accordion Closed
Upload to your application a copy of your official transcripts for ALL secondary (high school) and post-secondary/university education*, as well as any vocational or ESL grade reports. You can also later email it to email@example.com All transcripts/mark sheets must be submitted in English. In addition, we require a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) for first-year and transfer students.
* Transfer students that have earned 24 or more credits at an American post-secondary institution (college or university) only need to submit that transcript as part of their application. A high school transcript is not required.
3. Submit your English test scores Accordion Closed
Upload to your application a copy of the results of your proof of English proficiency. You can also later email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may submit unofficial test results but we may later ask for official results. The minimum requirements for university admission are:
|Test or Status||Minimum Requirements|
|TOEFL||70 IBT (School code 4006, MyBest Score accepted)|
|ACT English & Reading||21|
|Pearson Test of English||56|
|IB English A||5 for higher level & 6 for standard level|
|IB English B||7 for higher and standard levels|
|Transferring from a U.S. institution||One 3-credit course in English composition with a passing grade|
|Exchange student from Europe||B2 level in English|
|From a high school entirely taught in English||4 years of high school English (composition and literature) with passing grades as well as verification from your school that all courses are taught in English|
|From one of these English-speaking countries||No proof of English required|
If you do not meet Northern Arizona University’s English proficiency requirement, you may be required to do one of the following:
- Take the English Level Placement Test upon arriving
- Enroll in Northern Arizona University’s Program in Intensive English until you pass the English Proficiency Requirement
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.