Apply for statewide campuses
Follow the steps below to apply as a statewide student. Please note that immigration paperwork for F-1 and J-1 students will only be issued for the Flagstaff campus and Yuma in-person programs.
Visit the Yuma application page if you are applying at the Yuma campus.
Steps to apply
1. Complete an online application Accordion Closed
Fill out the online application below. Pay the $50 application fee. You will be required to pay the application fee while completing your online application.
2. Submit your official transcripts Accordion Closed
Upload to your application a copy of your official transcripts for all post-secondary/university education, as well as any vocational or ESL grade reports. You can also later email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All transcripts/mark sheets must be submitted in English. In addition, we require a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) for first-year students and transfer students.
3. Submit your English test scores Accordion Closed
Upload to your application a copy of the results of the TOEFL, IELTS, or other proof of English proficiency. You can also later email it to email@example.com. You may submit unofficial test results but we may later ask for official results. The minimum requirements for university admission are:
- TOEFL: 70 IBT (School code: 4006)
- IELTS: 6.0 band or higher
- ACT English & Reading Score: 21 or higher
- SAT ERW Score: 350 or higher
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 56 or higher
- If you are a transfer student from a U.S. institution: One 3-credit course in English composition taken at the post-secondary/university level completed with a passing grade
- If your high school was entirely taught in English: Proof of four years of high school English (composition and literature-based) with passing grades as well as a statement from the high school verifying that all courses are taught in English
Students from these countries are exempt from NAU’s proof of English requirements and do not need to submit test results.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.