Apply as an exchange student
Follow the steps below to apply as an exchange student.
Complete an online application
Complete the online application. If you do not have a LOUIE account, you will be asked to create one. Please note that the application fee can be waived for exchange students only by using promotional code EXCH1107. Note: If you are not an exchange student and use the promotional code, you will be billed for the application fee.
Submit your official transcripts
Send official transcripts for all post-secondary/university education. All transcripts/mark sheets must be submitted in English. We require a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA).
Submit your test scores
Submit the results of the TOEFL, IELTS, or other proof of English proficiency exam. The minimum scores are as follows:
- TOEFL: 70 IBT or 525 PBT (School code: 4006)
- IELTS: 6.0 band or higher
- ACT English Sub Score: 21 or higher
- SAT Verbal Score: 510 or higher
If you have completed high school/secondary education or post-secondary education in a country where English is the official language, you may provide one of the following instead of one of the test scores above:
- Proof of four years high school English (composition and literature-based) with passing grades; OR
- One three-credit course in English composition taken at the post-secondary/university level completed with a passing grade.
Provide proof of financial support
Provide proof of financial support and complete the financial guarantee for the total amount of fees and expenses. This document is required for the SEVIS form DS-2019, the immigration form you will need to apply for a student visa.
We recommended that you include the following in addition to the above application materials.
- Please review the Exchange Student Registration Guide with your advisor at your home university to inquire about classes you can take while on exchange. We recommend that you have more classes approved than you plan to take in case a section is full or there are scheduling conflicts.
- Please forward course descriptions to us for the classes you have completed, as your Northern Arizona University advisor will need this information to determine if you met the prerequisite classes. All course descriptions must be in English.
- The Immunization verification form is required in order to register for classes and is to help ensure the health of the entire student population. We require the verification of measles (rubeola) immunizations for all students.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.