Apply as an exchange student
Steps to apply
Follow the steps below to apply as an exchange student.
1. Complete an online application Accordion Closed
Complete the online application below. Please note that the application fee can be waived for exchange students only by using promotional code EXCH1107. Note: If you are not an exchange student and use the promotional code, you will be billed for the application fee.
2. Submit your official transcripts Accordion Closed
Upload to your application a copy of your official transcripts for all post-secondary/university education, as well as any vocational or ESL grade reports. All transcripts/mark sheets must be submitted in English. We require a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA).
3. Submit your English test scores Accordion Closed
Upload to your application a copy of the results of your proof of English proficiency. You can also later email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may submit unofficial test results but we may later ask for official results. The minimum requirements for university admission are:
|Test or Status||Minimum Requirements|
|TOEFL||70 IBT (School code 4006, MyBestScore accepted)|
|ACT English & Reading||21|
|Pearson Test of English||56|
|IB English A||5 for higher level & 6 for standard level|
|IB English B||7 for higher and standard levels|
|Transferring from a U.S. institution||One 3-credit course in English composition with a passing grade|
|Exchange student from Europe||B2 level in English|
|From a high school entirely taught in English||4 years of high school English (composition and literature) with passing grades as well as verification from your school that all courses are taught in English|
|From one of these English-speaking countries||No proof of English required|
4. Provide proof of financial support Accordion Closed
5. Recommended forms Accordion Closed
We recommended that you include the following in addition to the above application materials.
- Please review the Exchange Student Registration Guide with your advisor at your home university to inquire about classes you can take while on exchange. We recommend that you have more classes approved than you plan to take in case a section is full or there are scheduling conflicts.
- Please forward course descriptions to us for the classes you have completed, as your Northern Arizona University advisor will need this information to determine if you met the prerequisite classes. All course descriptions must be in English.
- The Immunization verification form is required in order to register for classes and is to help ensure the health of the entire student population. We require the verification of measles (rubeola) immunizations for all students.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.