Develop a faculty-led program
Are you interested in starting your own study abroad program? We can help you to make this dream a reality.
Faculty-led programs may be offered during winter, spring break, summer, or the regular academic terms. All faculty expenses are covered by the program cost.
Details and requirements
There are a number of details to keep in mind as you plan your faculty-led study abroad program:
- All faculty-led international programs must be coordinated through the Center for International Education (CIE).
- All programs must be for at least one unit of Northern Arizona University credit.
- Program courses and credits must be pre-approved by the academic department.
- Funding comes from participating students, so the academic department is not usually responsible for any financial support.
- Faculty leading summer programs are paid according to the summer salary schedule while on the program, based upon rank and the number of credits offered, as approved by the Office of the Provost.
Propose a program
Proposals for new programs must be submitted to CIE.
- winter break 2019-20: April 1, 2019
- spring break 2020: September 1, 2019
- summer 2020: November 1, 2019
Proposals must be signed by your department chair.
Sample programs and resources
There are many resources available to you as you plan your study abroad program.
You are invited to contact NAU faculty members who have experience with faculty-led programs to gain insight and information. The following faculty members are excellent resources:
- Rich Hofstetter, School of Forestry, Nicaragua spring breaks 2008-2010