U.S. passport application acceptance facility
The Center for International Education is designated as a Passport Application Acceptance Facility, serving Flagstaff and Northern Arizona.
Below we have the list of application requirements for you to obtain your U.S. passport.
Application requirements Accordion Closed
All applicants must submit a certified copy of their birth certificate or a previously issued passport. A certified copy of your birth certificate must have an embedded stamp or a raised seal, photo copies are not accepted as proof of citizenship by the US Department of State.
For unusual circumstances or minors under 16 years of age please visit the US Department of State website or call 1-877-487-2778.
You must present one of the following identification documents (IDs). The ID must readily identify you.
- In-state, fully valid driver’s license (not temporary or learner’s permit)
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card (with recognizable photo, can be expired)
- Certificate of Naturalization (with recognizable photo)
- Certificate of Citizenship (with recognizable photo)
- Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)
- U.S. military or military dependent ID
- Current (valid) foreign passport
- Matricula Consular (Mexican Consular ID) – commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant
- Permanent resident card (Green Card) – commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant
If you cannot present one of the primary photo IDs above, you must present a combination of secondary IDs below:
- In-state, fully valid non-driver ID
- Out-of-state driver’s license
- Out-of-state non-driver ID
- Social Security card
- Learner’s or temporary driver’s permit
- Voter registration card
- Employee ID
- Student ID
- Selective Service (draft) card
- Medicare or other health card
- Expired driver’s license
A personal check or money order for $110 to the U.S. Department of State.
A personal check or money order to Northern Arizona University for $45 execution/acceptance fee and passport photos ($35 execution/acceptance fee + $10 photo fee).
How to obtain your birth certificate Accordion Closed
A copy of your birth certificate can be obtained through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your name at birth
- Your parents’ names (including mother’s maiden name)
- The city in which you were born
You may receive your newly issued passport and your citizenship documents in two separate mailings. Please contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at 1-877-487-2778 if you do not receive a second mailing within 10 business days of receiving the first.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website or call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 prior to applying for information regarding passport renewals, applicants under 18 years of age, or anything other than first-time applicants 18 years of age or older.
Contact the U.S. Passport Acceptance Office
U.S. Passport Acceptance Office on the Northern Arizona University Flagstaff campus
523 S Knoles Drive
Blome Building #2
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5598
Passport Office Hours
Monday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
*ATTENTION PASSPORT APPLICANTS*
- The NAU Passport office will be closed on Monday, January 20th.
- Join us on January 30, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. for our spring semester Passport Day!