Mission, Vision, and Goals
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) is committed to excellence in education
Learn more about CHHS’s mission, goals, and values below, including the standards we strive to uphold in research.
Vision Tab Open
Mission statement Tab Closed
Values Tab Closed
Goals Tab Closed
CHHS Departments’/School’s Mission & Goals Tab Closed
Vision Accordion Open
To improve health and health equity in Arizona, the nation, and globally.
Mission statement Accordion Closed
The College of Health and Human Services prepares students to become competent health professionals while inspiring leaders in practice, scholarship, and service. We strive to improve the health and well-being of the diverse communities we serve.
Values Accordion Closed
Student Centered: We place student learning, empowerment and success at the center of our programs and services.
Discovery: We embrace the teacher scholar model to create, share, and expand upon knowledge and practice.
Responsive: We deliver academic programming that reflects evidence-based and innovative healthcare education.
Inclusion & Diversity: We acknowledge and respect the strength of diversity and inclusion among faculty, students, and staff that reflect the communities served.
Service: We believe meaningful outcomes are achieved through authentic and collaborative partnerships.
Goals Accordion Closed
GOAL 1 – STUDENT SUCCESS AND ACCESS: Educate students to serve, lead, and achieve.
- Prioritize and promote access to education in the health professions, particularly for Arizona students and those who will serve the people of Arizona.
- Identify and develop student support programs that positively impact retention and graduation of all students across all campuses and online.
- Set and achieve high standards for quality education in the health professions
GOAL 2 – INTERPROFESSIONAL EDUCATION: Serve as a leader for interprofessional education and practice
- Establish interprofessional opportunities within CHHS, the university, and among community partners
- Hire an administrator for IPE with sufficient resources to meet college goals
- Secure an interprofessional facility included on the NAU Master Plan
- Integrate IPE and IPP curricula across CHHS programs
- Recognize IPE in faculty workloads and department/school promotion and tenure criteria
GOAL 3 – SCHOLARSHIP: Create, share and expand upon knowledge and practice
- Support and recognize multiple forms of faculty scholarship
- Increase nationally and internationally recognized research and scholarship
- Expand research-based training and learning opportunities for students and faculty in health professions
GOAL 4 – DIVERSITY: Educate health professionals representative of the diverse communities they serve.
- Increase enrollment, retention, and graduation rates of a diverse population of students.
- Provide students academic and culturally relevant support.
- Recruit and retain diverse faculty, staff, and administrators
- Promote appreciation and understanding of diverse peoples and cultures.
GOAL 5 – ENGAGEMENT AND SERVICE: Build and strengthen collaborative partnerships with communities we serve
- Facilitate mutual and beneficial partnerships within communities of practice
- Build support for CHHS initiatives within public and private sectors
- Strengthen and expand CHHS’ initiatives with a focus on the quadruple aims* that improves the health and wellness of Arizona communities and beyond