Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences: Public Health
This degree broadly prepares graduates in basic public health concepts and processes that can be applied within multiple health-related disciplines and in graduate study.
You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be eligible for this program.
This program is a good fit for you if you:
- are a Flagstaff Mountain Campus student
- want to learn more about health promotion/disease prevention
- are considering graduate school
- are interested in a degree program with flexible health-related course options
If you are transferring credit from a community college, a
2.5 or higher cumulative GPA in your Associate's degree plan is required. Also,
to graduate from Northern Arizona University with this degree, you must have a
minimum GPA of 2.5.
Be prepared for the workforce with these skills:
- comprehension of basic public health content
related to injury prevention; disease; mental health; drugs; environmental
health; public health; nutrition; current issues; theories; physical activity; and maternal, child and sexual health
- process and skill demonstration necessary for
working within multiple health-related disciplines
- professional dispositions like legal and ethical
conduct, professional practice, communication, collaboration, respect, and