Summer youth programs
Priority camp registration will begin April 1st, 2019:
- April 1st through 7th – Student only registration.
- April 8th through 21st – Faculty/student registration.
- April 22nd and on – Open enrollment (all interested parties).
Our camps educate and entertain children entering Kindergarten through eighth grade, while parents/guardians attend classes or work for 10 weeks in the summer. We provide a fun and friendly environment where your children can take part in safe, high-quality activities led by a well-trained and knowledgeable staff across the NAU campus. Our enthusiastic camp leaders create engaging and non-traditional program opportunities that are sure to enhance your children’s summer, and are all grade and age appropriate. Please visit our camps section for more details!
Mountain Jacks Camp Accordion Closed
The Mountain Jacks Kids Camp is open to all youth entering Kindergarten through fifth grade. Each day our campers will be led through various activities to keep them active, engaged, and enjoying their experience. Activities at camp may include:
- Experiential Education hosted by Campus Rec Outdoor Adventures staff
- FitKids group fitness classes hosted by certified trainers through Campus Rec Fitness & Wellness staff.
- Aquatics programming & Swimming supervised by certified lifeguards and camp counselors
- Rock Climbing at the Rec Center 3-story climbing wall
- Fun activities facilitated by summer camp counselors in a variety of facilities around campus
- Guest visits from our friends around Flagstaff!
- Field trips!
*All field trips, activities, visits and adventures are subject to change depending on the year and availability.
Explorer’s Camp Accordion Closed
The Explorers Camp is open to all youth entering sixth grade through eighth grade, and is limited to 20 campers each week. In addition to what the Mountain Jacks experience (listed above), the Explorers take things to the next level. Whether it be going on an excursion around Northern Arizona or participating in a Challenge Course program on campus, the Explorers will get a feel for outdoor education in addition to enjoying themselves at camp.
Past activities and adventures have included:
- American Red Cross Babysitting Certification
- Outdoor Adventures Challenge Course
- Wutpatki National Monument
- Mountain Biking at Fort Tuthill
- Hiking West Fork of Oak Creek Canyon, Red Canyon, and Mount Elden
- Visiting Sunset Crater and Meteor Crater
- Leave No Trace Outdoor Principles class
- Bike Maintenance Lessons
Important dates Accordion Closed
|4/2/18||Registration opens for NAU Students & Faculty/ Staff|
|4/9/18||Registration opens for NAU Alumni & Flagstaff Community Members|
|4/27/18||Payroll deduction due for Faculty/ Staff (Full Session 1 and/ or 2 only)|
|6/4/18||Session 1 begins|
|7/6/18||End of Session 1|
|7/9/18||Session 2 begins|
|8/10/18||Session 2 ends|
Details Accordion Closed
|Who can attend?||Youth entering Kindergarten through 8th grade|
|Options offered||Weekly or 5-week sessions; full day only|
|Regular camp hours||8:15 am - 4:15 pm|
|Camper:Counselor ratios||8:1 (K-3rd grade), 10:1 (4th-8th grade)|
|Drop-off times||7:15 am - 8:15 am|
|Pick-up times||4:15 pm - 5:15 pm|
|Lunch||12:00 pm - 12:45 pm|
|Late fees||$20 after 15 minute grace period|
|Location||HLC MAC Gym|
|Address||824 S. San Francisco St., Flagstaff, AZ 86011|
Price options (per child) Accordion Closed
|Eligibility||Individual weekly fee||5-week session fee|
*Please note: We do not offer discounts for registering multiple children.
Eligibility requirements Accordion Closed
|Classification||Requirements to receive discount||Must-show items during registration|
|Student||Registered as a full-time student at NAU in Spring or Fall 2017||Student ID card|
|Faculty/ Staff||Benefit-Eligible full-time Faculty/ Staff at NAU||Staff ID card|
|Alumni/ Affiliate||Graduates of NAU or any registered affiliate||Alumni Membership card or NAU Affiliate ID|
- We do not offer daily rates or pro-rating for any camp
- We do not provide discounts for multiple children attending
- Weekly enrollment is subject to available program space
- Accepted refund requests are subject to a 20% processing fee
Childcare statement Accordion Closed
PLEASE NOTE: Our camps are not a licensed childcare provider and do not have a Federal Tax ID! Please do not interpret our service as daycare or childcare. While our camp is designed as a service to current students at Northern Arizona University, we are also open to faculty/staff, alumni, and community members.