Intramural Sports at Northern Arizona University offers a variety of competitive and recreational team and individual sports, as well as other special events and tournaments to accommodate the interests of the entire NAU community. Games are typically played once per week, Sunday through Thursday between 5:00pm and 11:00pm, and Sundays from 3:00pm until 11:00pm. Sports are available at men's, women's, and co-rec levels with competitive and recreational leagues.
Each semester will be split into two seasons which consists of between 3-4 leagues consisting of 4 regular season games and playoffs, and multiple events/tournaments which last from one day to one week long. For a list of all Intramural Sport offerings, visit IMLeagues.com.
How to Get Involved
- Sign up online through www.imleagues.com.
- First time users should click "Create Account" located at the top of the home page. Make sure to select Northern Arizona University from the drop-down menu next to "Register at School".
- Click on Intramural Sports at the top of the page
- Select the sport icon that reads 'Open' that you wish to join or register a team under the current semester
- Under your preferred division (day/time) you wish to register, select to Create Team or Join as Free Agent
- Complete all required fields on the following screen to finish the registration process
All participants must purchase an annual Intramural Sport membership which offers the opportunity to play any and all sports offered throughout fall and spring semesters. Memberships will not be prorated, are non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment can be made for a membership through IMLeagues.com after registering for your first team of the academic year. After paying for your membership, when prompted for payment following your original purchase, simply click the button that says "Use Package to Pay".
Current Membership Rates
- $15.00 per player for the Fall or Spring Semester only
- $25.00 per player for academic year membership (fall/spring semesters)
- $50.00 per player for NAU Alumni for the academic year memebership (fall/spring semesters)
Managing Your Team
Team captains and participants are encouraged to become familiar with the Intramural Sports Handbook
before registering for a sport. Below are some key points that all teams will be held accountable for:
- Teams will not be verified until minimum roster requirements are met by the end of the registration deadline.
- Each player must have a profile and membership purchased on IMLeagues.com in order to be added to a roster.
- Once the registration deadline is closed, schedules will be generated and posted for teams to view.
- All registered members must present a photo ID during check-in at each game/contest
- Individuals not listed on a roster must show verification of registration before they can participate
- All teams must wear similar colored shirts/jerseys with a permanent number (sharpie is acceptable).
If you have any questions regarding Intramural Sports, please contact IMSports@nau.edu
or call 928-523-3111.
Intramural Sports offer students at Northern Arizona University the opportunity to join our team of officials, scorekeepers, and supervisors. Our staff is essential to providing a safe and positive experience for all participants, and focuses on the development of skills and knowledge for all employees. For all available staff openings, please visit NAU Handshake
and search for Intramural Sports.