Supporting a healthy NAU
Promoting wellness on campus
We provide a wide array of medical services and resources to the entire University community. Our comprehensive spectrum of care includes:
- Campus Flu Shot Clinics
- Group Acupuncture
- Psychiatric Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Nursing Services
- Immediate Care
- Allergy Clinic
- Chronic Care
What you can do before your first visit Accordion Closed
Sign-in to our online service to schedule an appointment. Once you are logged in, you can also:
- Complete your health history
- Send and receive secure messages
- Request prescription renewals
- Complete visit questionnaires
- View lab results
Patient Rights and Responsibilities Accordion Closed
Please view ADM09 Patient Rights and Responsibilites v2 for a copy of the Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Forms Accordion Closed
Request medical records Accordion Closed
Medical Services staff maintains strict confidentiality of your records at all times.
A request from the patient is required to:
- release information from your medical record to yourself or another facility
- have records from another physician or health care facility sent to Medical Services
You may log in to complete the request for medical records. Once the request has been completed and submitted, please allow 3 to 5 business days before the records are made available.
NAU employee resources Accordion Closed
Changes to the NAU Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plan which took effect January 1, 2018:
- There is NO co-pay or deductible to meet when you visit NAU Campus Health Services and carry the NAU Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance.
- There is a $250 deductible that must be paid before any benefit is paid. So, the first time you use your insurance this year, you will pay $250.00 ($500.00 per family).
- Co-pays and deductibles will apply to medical visits outside of NAU Campus Health Services.
Frequently asked questions
I currently have the NAU Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan. Can I receive my care at Medical Services? Accordion Closed
Yes. Faculty and staff that are insured by the NAU Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance can receive their primary care services at Campus Health Services, Medical Services. Spouses and domestic partners of NAU Blue Cross Blue Shield covered employees having this coverage as their primary or secondary insurance can be seen at CHS Medical Services. However spouses or domestic partners with other health insurance as their primary coverage can have another BCBS, United or Aetna or Cigna plan or pay out of pocket at time of service. Former spouses of eligible employees covered by a COBRA plan are not eligible.
I would like to pay for my copay on the day I receive services. Can I pay my copay at Medical Services? Accordion Closed
Yes, CHS now accepts payments at the Check Out desk located on the first floor right next to the Check In area. All fees should be paid at time of service. If a spouse or domestic partner visits CHS they must pay for their copay/deductible on the date of service.
I have a flexible spending account and need an itemized bill. How do I go about getting a statement? Accordion Closed
- There are several ways to get an itemized bill:
- Fill out a “Request of Charges” located at CHS’s Patient Services desk. We can mail or fax you your itemized statement.
- Email email@example.com to request your statement.
- Call the Administration Office at (928) 523-6343.
- Log on to Campus Health Online to view your statements.
I made an appointment but cannot make it or I am running late, what do I do? Accordion Closed
If you cannot make an appointment you will need to either log on to Campus Health Online or call (928) 523-8995 to cancel your appointment. If you do not cancel your appointment in an appropriate amount of time you will be charged a “no show” fee that varies depending on the type of appointment that is made. If you are running late, please call (928) 523-8995 to inform us you will be late. If you are more than 10 minutes late to an appointment there is a chance you will not be able to see the provider and you will be charged the “no show” fee.
I am a NAU employee but do not have insurance through NAU. Can I receive services at Medical Services? Accordion Closed
Yes, if you are an employee of NAU you can obtain services at CHS. The fee is $78.00 to see a provider plus extra for any labs, x-rays, or procedures. If you are covered under BCBS, Aetna, Cigna or UHC insurance, we will bill your insurance for you.
I was injured while working at NAU. Can I obtain services for Worker’s Compensation through CHS? Accordion Closed
Yes, CHS is a contracted provider for State Risk. We will work with you and Human Resources to complete all of the necessary paperwork and bill State Risk for the services.
All NEW worker compensation patients must call 1-800-685-2877 to initially speak with a registered nurse at the State of Arizona Worker’s Compensation Employee Injury Call Center.
Medical Services hours
M, T, Th, Fr: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (during academic year)
- Make an appointment online!
- Send your provider a message
- Request your medical records
- Complete your Health History
- View lab results
After hours care
If you have an immediate, non-life threatening medical need:
Call (928) 523-2131 and follow the prompts to reach our on-call provider.